Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, Update from 1709 errors message, Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fred Liu Fred.Liu, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk

Hi there,

Update from 1709 errors message, Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to start:

I have tried so many methods try to get his sorted but can't get any lucks. Even tried SFC scan, Windows trobuleshooter, net stop bits net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptsvc commands, uninstalled current version of 1709 manually and reinstalled, still does not fix the issue.

Alternatively, Can some one advise me what KB numbers I should manfully follow up from 1709, to 1803,1809,1903 and 1909. Thanks.

:)

Fred Liu Fred.Liu, Apr 9, 2020
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

Hi,

I corrected my mistake and logged in as adminstrator and followed the instructions that you gave. Initially i did run SFC and got the message: Windows did not find any integrity violations.

Then I ran DISM which went OK.

The I ran the commands in Windows Powershell (that you suggested). This time everything went fine.

Then I tried to update windows to 1709 once again, but it failed.

The detailed errors that appeared are listed below:

• 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4088787) - Error 0x80248007
    • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0x80248007
    • Logitech - Other hardware - Logitech USB Input Device - Error 0x80070002 ----I tried to take out the USB device but still the 1709 fails.
    • NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654 - Error 0x80248007
    BR,

Amit.

Amit Bhatnagar (amitb), Apr 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk

1. Windows 10 Update 1709 failed with error message Your device is at risk - Similar Threads - Update 1709 failed

2. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updat fails with error message: usinf the microsoft helper tool after months of update failure - stalling at 61% on every attempt using the standard window update function! - i now get error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 -Error 0x80d02013" - how to fix? "...
  3. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows updat fails with error message: usinf the microsoft helper tool after months of update failure - stalling at 61% on every attempt using the standard window update function! - i now get error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 -Error 0x80d02013" - how to fix? "...
  4. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. your pc is at risk update

your pc is at risk update: Hello! This is Ronnie and I bought a new laptop on Christmas. I have been getting the "Your Pc is at risk" pop up and that I need to update it. However, when I pressed update, I waited till it finished and then it returned to 0%. Later on I kept it for the whole night and...
  6. Your computer is at risk-updating now...

Your computer is at risk-updating now...: How do I stop this permanently? Take note Microsoft that your forced updates are a load of crap, and some of us know this. Do not come back with security updates either, because what sort of security update takes over an hour, and eats up all my data? Not only that, but on a...
  7. Your PC is at risk - updating it now?

Your PC is at risk - updating it now?: Sometimes when I turn on the monitor to my PC this popup shows up. I don't know if I should be worried and I just want to stop it. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-pc-is-at-risk-updating-it-now/9aa8cc12-02c4-4c21-a335-a986077415df
  8. Windows 10 update 1709 Fails at 33%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1709 Fails at 33%: so id just like to point out this must be the 9th time now that a creator update has tried to install but always failed at the 32% mark. in this cause my previous thread > 1703 1703 for me could never install. after numerous attempts from sfc, dism, disabling fast and...
  9. Your Device Is At Risk Because It’s Out Of Date Message In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Device Is At Risk Because It’s Out Of Date Message In Windows 10: Just an FYI.. I received this on two machines yesterday evening. MS should word it better, or something. In a nutshell it just means Windows hasn't auto checked/installed the latest updates yet. I manually checked, and everything went well, and all was fine after. Your...
  10. Windows update failing - version 1709 Update - no real error message.

Windows update failing - version 1709 Update - no real error message.: Hi all, I am having a frustrating issue at the moment, where my pc is taking 20 minutes to boot - this is primarily because it keeps trying to install several windows updates, gets to 30% after multiple restarts, then fails, and says "recovering original windows installation"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yourn device is missing important security and quality fixes