Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1803 loses Startup on Dell Inspiron Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1803 loses Startup on Dell Inspiron Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; At the end of the update process during restart Windows 10 is dark desktop where all shortcut icons are not working with an “object is unavailable”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Optimxr, May 6, 2018.

1. Optimxr Win User

Windows 10 update 1803 loses Startup on Dell Inspiron Laptop

At the end of the update process during restart Windows 10 is dark desktop where all shortcut icons are not working with an “object is unavailable” error message.
    At this point none of the shortcuts or Windows icons are functional. Startup does nothing, the taskbar is locked and can’t be unlocked. I can do Alt-Ctrl-Del for the Switch user menu and from there start task manager but there are no processes running in task manager.*Sad

Actions taken:
    Bootup on system repair disk and run System Repairs, System Restore, Return to known good system but the result for all is “Windows ran into a problem and can’t fix your PC” message.
    Selected command prompt and ran chkdsk /r .... no problems found.
    Selected command prompt and ran sfc /scannow .... no corrupt of missing files found.
    Decided to post this problem before I try the System Image Restore option which will remove all my data files and applications on the system drive. Are there any other suggestions as to how to restore the Windows 10 system?

:)

Optimxr, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1803 loses Startup on Dell Inspiron Laptop

1. Windows 10 update 1803 loses Startup on Dell Inspiron Laptop - Similar Threads - update 1803 loses

2. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  3. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  4. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Scheduled startup for Win10 Dell Inspiron laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled startup for Win10 Dell Inspiron laptop?: Hi all,I want my Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop to automatically switch on every morning at a particular time. I have been trying to work it out, opened my laptop's BIOS settings, but couldn't find anything related to scheduled startups till now. I am aware of the Windows Task...
  6. Dell Inspiron Laptop will not startup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron Laptop will not startup on Windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that I had updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a couple of years ago, and it has worked fine since then. I only use it sparingly and this week I tried to start it and I got the following message:Windows could not start because the following file...
  7. windows 10 dell inspiron laptop

windows 10 dell inspiron laptop: One question?? My problem is windows 10 was locked forgot system password so i went to bios it said password notset. i ran installation cd for windows 7 on same harddisk this system operates great. how do i change operating system back and reset factory settings??...
  8. Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead: I just tried to turn on my Dell Laptop which was put to sleep when I closed the lid yesterday. The laptop will no longer start and there is no screen activity. The power light comes on and there is some disk activity when I press the on button to reboot but there is no...
  9. Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop startup issues: On trying to start, my Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop fails with the following: BSOD 0xc0000001 error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED System Restore doesn't work (there is a restore point recorded) Go back to the previous version doesn't work (there are checkpoints for...
  10. Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542: I have had to remove the battery system driver every day for the past week...and restoring my laptop to a date in March in order to charge my battery...how can I stop this ridiculous update from installing again!!! Please fix it on your end...I've seen so many posts about it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invprotectdrv64 crash

2. dell inspiron 5567 Windows Home 10 update from 1803 to 1903

3. dell inspiron crash during windows 10 upgrade

4. start up icon not working in windows 10 dell inspiron,
  5. windows 10 1803 incompatible with dell n5010,
  6. update 1803 stopped the lights on my keyboard dell,
  7. win 1803 dell 9400,
  8. invprotectdrv64.sys dell during 1803 update