Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update 1809, I get no sound whatsoever. Not through my sdpeakers or headphones. Nothing, no matter what I tried (I tried a command prompt to check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClaraLotte, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

Update 1809, I get no sound whatsoever. Not through my sdpeakers or headphones. Nothing, no matter what I tried (I tried a command prompt to check for corrupt drivers, reinstalled them, checked the default device ect. all of that). So I looked around and apparantly this is a known issue, a conflict between the Dolby drivers Microsoft provides to try and be helpful, and Realtek drivers. I've discovered a sort-of fix, which involved uninstalling the Realtek drivers. Thing is I need to do this each time I turn on my pc. Which you can imagine really isnt ideal. So, how do I delete and disable a driver, permenantly, or until this is fixed? Perferably the Dolby ones.

:)

ClaraLotte, Oct 21, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 21, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

Unplugging USB disables sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound
    card.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound

1. Windows 10 update 1809 disabled sound - Similar Threads - update 1809 disabled

2. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  3. No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update

No sound from Yeti Mic after Windows 10 1809 update: Hi all, I have had my Yeti Mic for some time with no problems. In fact, many of the web meetings comment on how clear my voice is. Recently, the mic no longer functions and it is NOT a privacy setting which I did check. The device is recognized and can be seen in Device...
  4. No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809

No Sound After Installing Windows 10 1809: No sound after installing 1809. Ran trouble shooter for the volume and it didn't do any good, I'm not surprised. I restarted… no good. Any more ideas??? James...
  5. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  6. Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users

Windows 10 Update after 1809 update NO SOUND whilst switching users: Hi, Since I installed 1809 update I have had issues with sound, i.e. NO SOUND.I have done ALL the options available to me via various websites, yet when switching between users on my PC (We have 5 users) the sound gets lost...I have even installed a new Sound card thinking...
  7. 1809 update disable x99 overclock.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 update disable x99 overclock.: The Windows 1809 update removed the option to delete the KB4100347 update that disabled Broadwell e overclocks. I was expecting a update that would fixed this issue. Not a complete removal of any fix. I've also posted on my MB manufacturer forum. Please help....
  8. Windows 10 update disabled sound device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disabled sound device: Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 update and got a message saying there's no audio output installed. I searched for solution online and most people said activating the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller under System Devices will help....
  9. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  10. No sound after windows update 1809

No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dolby audio windows 10 1809

2. windows 10 1809 no audio creative

3. windows10 1809 sound

4. no sound after windows feature update 1809,
  5. windows 10 update disables sound,
  6. 1809 windows 10 no sound,
  7. windows 10 1809 upgrade breaks headphones,
  8. update 1809 download for sound,
  9. cant enable sound in 1809,
  10. windows update 1809 disabled