Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the installation of the Feature Update to Windows 10 ver 1809, which has just automatically downloaded to my machine today, the system fails to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen_C, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Stephen_C Win User

Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...

During the installation of the Feature Update to Windows 10 ver 1809, which has just automatically downloaded to my machine today, the system fails to install the update. The process takes a long time but after rebooting several times it gets stuck on a black screen with loading dots for hours. The only method to get the PC back, is to force shut the machine down using the power switch, but then after restart the computer starts a process of "undoing changes" and eventually restarts as version 1803. Once started it then automatically goes through the process of downloading and installing v 1809 again!! This cycle is impossible to stop! I want my computer back and I DO NOT CARE for ver 1809. I just want it to stop trying to load it! How do I stop it?

:)

Stephen_C, Mar 28, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black... :)

Hendry, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black...

1. Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install - after rebooting several times, stuck on black... - Similar Threads - Update 1809 fails

2. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  3. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  4. KB5016695 failed update several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5016695 failed update several times: Several times over the past few days I have tried to update:2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016695Each time it has failed and there is no way to circumvent this as far I could find.I couldn't find it to download from the catalog...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update fails several times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update fails several times: Hello there, Please help me solving this issue. I tried updating Windows 10 1909 into 2004 several times 4 times, and it fails. The last update run was yesterday and I executed the following steps. 1. Deleted Software distribution folder. 2. Deleted CATROOT2 folder....
  6. Downloaded Windows 10 several times, but installation fails.

Downloaded Windows 10 several times, but installation fails.: I have been working on this for a while. Actually, getting to this point is progress from where I started. My computer is an Acer Laptop with a 1 tb hard drive and 8 gigs of ram. I recently had the hard drive replaced, and after this was done, I found I had several things...
  7. Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot

Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot: Hi, I've been struggling to install the update, tried to clean update cache, to free up some space on my system disk, but Nothing seems to help. As it is after 2nd reboot, it might be a driver problem, but reading the logs doesn't helped, as I Don't know what to look for....
  8. Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809: OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763 I've had this problem for a while now, Every time I boot my computer it tries to install updates and gives me a blue screen that says: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer"...
  9. Update 1803 Installation has failed several times

Update 1803 Installation has failed several times: As my subject says, 1803 won't install. Where do I find the error code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1803-installation-has-failed-several-times/57c635c7-c0cd-41de-a190-5d039b179ace
  10. 1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting"

1809 update failed. Tried rebooting and it's stuck saying "restarting": As per title. old Alienware M17X-R3 laptop, running previous version 100% fine. The update failed. I tried rebooting and for the last hour it’s been saying “restarting”. Any advice please? 119179

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 fails to install rolls back after getting hung at rebooting

2. windows 10 1809 upgrad hangs at reboot never installs