Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Since update 1809 is being rolled out my laptop keeps prompting me to install the update. Only it fails doing so and keeps asking to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gregory19931, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing

Hi,

Since update 1809 is being rolled out my laptop keeps prompting me to install the update. Only it fails doing so and keeps asking to install the update again.

I have tried using the windows creation tool, the microsoft assistent and reinstalling windows 10 but the problem persists.

Therefore I have turned to the Microsoft experts in hopes I can get an answer.

On a semi unrelated note, since the latest updates my bluetooth stopped working. As in it won't connect to audio devices. I hoped it would be fixed by upgrading to 1809 but since that won't work I'll never know.

Thank you for taking your time for my question,

Gregory

:)

Gregory19931, Dec 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 22, 2018
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Dec 22, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing

1. Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing - Similar Threads - update 1809 keeps

2. Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10, version 1809. version 17763.1518. The update to the next version always fails. I get a message that says We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC1900 101-0x40017, Failed in Second Boot phase with an error during boot operation. I ran the...
  3. Windows 10 update 1809 failed

Windows 10 update 1809 failed: So there is something strange going on with my windows 10 update. Here the history states that I updated to version 1903. But for some reason my OS says I'm still on 1809. So it is trying to download the 1809 updates. I don't know how to fix this. I tried to do a recovery but...
  4. Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809: OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763 I've had this problem for a while now, Every time I boot my computer it tries to install updates and gives me a blue screen that says: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer"...
  5. Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install

Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install: Hi, I got a brand new HP Omen PC in January, since getting it, win10 has tried to update to version 1803 and 1809 without success for months. Each time it will download the update, install, restart and on "configuring update" it will get between 50% and 80% and then...
  6. Failed update to Windows 10 version 1809

Failed update to Windows 10 version 1809: (Note : I did tons and tons of research before coming here, also i'll not clean reinstall my PC, do not recommand me it, Thank you) Hello Microsoft team, i've experiencing a lot of issues with this update. First when it launched in october, the update failed installing...
  7. Windows 1809 Update fails.

Windows 1809 Update fails.: Hi, My Toshiba Satellite P55t won't install the 1809 update. Multiple automatic updates have failed. When I try to update via the manual Windows update tool, here's what happens: After the initial phase, the system reboots normally. In the next phase (without the...
  8. Win 10 1809 update fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1809 update fails: I have downloaded the Windows 10 1809 update to a USB stick as I have three PCs to update. When I try to update the first one using the USB stick I get a BSOD with the "Can't find windows\system32\boot\winload.efi" I have checked on the PC and this file is present so can...
  9. 1809 update failed

1809 update failed: I tried to install the 1809 update yesterday using the Windows 10 update assistant. My computer was restarting had had reached 84% complete after nearly 5 hours of downloading and installing. When I came back to check on it a few minutes latter it was displaying the message...
  10. Win Update 1809 KB4467702 keeps failing

Win Update 1809 KB4467702 keeps failing: I have tried running the Win Update Troubleshooter over 10 times. It says it is errasing the download and rebuilding the database, then it trlls me to restart and download the update again. I keep getting the same FAILURE ERROR. This is an older computer that was upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing