Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarbuncleX, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

My printer is hooked up to my other Windows 7 computer in my living room. Since Windows 10 no longer has home groups, I had to gain access to the printer by manually adding the network path to it (and disabling remote password access on my living room computer). This worked fine for the past few months. Then comes along the Windows 1809 update, which I dutifully installed. Now when I send a print job, nothing happens. I can go into my devices & printers list, and see the printer is still there, but sending any print jobs to it never get there. They don't even show up in the print queue. It's like they just vanish into a void.

Since everything worked fine BEFORE updating to 1809, this means something in 1809 itself has disrupted communication. What's worse is it doesn't bring up any errors. Print jobs just vanish and the printer in the living room doesn't ever detect an incoming print request. It will print just fine on the computer it's hooked into.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

KarbuncleX, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Printer and computer not communicating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:

Fix printer problems

If you have recently upgraded your Windows and the printer is not working after that, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in article:

Fix printer problems after updating or upgrading to Windows 10

Please write back with more information (error message or outcome of the above troubleshooting steps) in order to help him fix the issue.

Naresh_K, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

windows 10 communication with printer

Hi,

• Do you get any error message\code? If yes, then provide us the error message\code?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below article andtry running the printing troubleshooter which is an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems with your PC.

Fix printer problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Method 2: Alsoinstall the latest drivers for printer driver from the manufacturer's website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication:

1. Windows 10 update 1809 no longer allows printer communication: - Similar Threads - update 1809 longer

2. Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner: After the December 2020 Win10 20H2-OS update, my computer any of the computers on my network, actually no longer fully communicates with my Canon MF8350Cdn printer/scanner. I can print wirelessly across my network just fine, but the error code when I attempt to scan across...
  3. Printer Communication problem

Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  4. Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?: How do I initiate a Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-no-longer-allows-update-now/a7f5d48f-bf95-4dcf-ae61-b18eb410748d
  5. computer to printer communication

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer to printer communication: computer is printing to a file and not to the actual printer. How to change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-to-printer-communication/4a5e42e8-33b7-4f59-8f4e-e50e4c33ad4a
  6. Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer

Windows 10 will not communicate with Epson printer: I have Windows 10 (64 bit) installed on HP desktop for several years working successfully. . A local wi-fi network has enabled wireless printing on Epson printer (WF 4740) for many moths. After Windows 10 automatic update in September, 2019 desktop can longer communicate...
  7. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update: Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3) works fine in any port..but just last week while installing a not so new Brother T710w printer, the laptop's Windows 10...
  8. HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...

HP Printer fails to communicate and print after Microsoft updated Windows 10, version 1809...: I have used an HP Photosmart 8150 printer since 2005. Originally running under Windows XP, it currently runs under Windows 10, version 1809. Recently, on May 23, 2019, Microsoft sent my PC a cumulative Windows 10, version 1809 update along with a driver update identified as...
  9. Problem with Communicating with Printer

Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...
  10. Printer not communicating

Printer not communicating: Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no printer communication