Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer tablet that is running Windows 10, 32-bit, update 1803. I have tried to update it to 1809 through ever method I could find, ISO file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveCrawford-PSI, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

I have an Acer tablet that is running Windows 10, 32-bit, update 1803. I have tried to update it to 1809 through ever method I could find, ISO file, update from the site, etc. Each time, the process goes through all of the normal steps, then restarts several times, but when everything has completed it is back to Update 1803 with new updates to be downloaded. This sounds like this model tablet cannot be updated to 1809, but I receive no messages stating that is the case.

The tablet is working properly under the 1803 update. Why is it not able to update to 1809?

:)

SteveCrawford-PSI, Oct 27, 2018

2. Tablet mode not working since Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed,I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Could you please tell me if tablet mode is enabled?
    • Could you please explain when you say "NOT A SINGLE ONE of my apps are to be found anywhere"?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

If tablet mode is not enabled,I suggest you to enable it by performing the following steps:

• Click or tap the Start button
    • Open the Settings application
    • Click or tap on "System"
    • In the pane on the left of the screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
    • Ensure the toggle is set to either on or off to your preference.

Method 2

I suggest you to Follow the below steps to Run the System maintenance Troubleshooter:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on System maintenance .
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3

The glitch issue might occur due to some corruption in the display drivers.So,I recommend you to update the display adapter and check.

Please refer the article below:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 27, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

Tablet mode not working in Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What happens when you try to turn on the tablet mode?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Which is the build currently installed on the tablet?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to try to switch it on by following the below steps:

1. Select the horizontal stripes icon (All Apps) on the bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Select Settings on the menu.

3. Go to System and then click on Tablet Mode.

4. Turn the option ON.

5. Close the window.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

1. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet - Similar Threads - Update 1809 working

2. Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet: This is my Acer SW1-011 tablet laptop. Atom x5-X8350 1.44+1.44Ghz, X64, 32GB SSD, Win10 Home 1809 17763.1039 Windows Update says the current version of Windows is nearing end of service so I would like to get it updated soon. I've had trouble installing updates in the past...
  3. Windows Update doesn't work on 1809

Windows Update doesn't work on 1809: It never finishes searching for updates, and it crashes if I click on "View update history" or "Advanced options". I have already followed these instructions trying to fix the problem, but it didn't work. On a side note things i try to download from the microsoft store...
  4. Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build: I recently installed the 1809 build in my Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop and ever since, when I fold the keyboard back for tablet mode, it doesn't automatically activate tablet mode nor does it deactivate the keyboard and trackpad. Is there anything I can do to fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 update: Hi, after the windows 10 update to 1809 (build 17763.253) on choosing dark mode, my right clicks become invisible and some parts of the explorer too retain the white color. I've tried almost all solutions but cant seem to find a way to solve it.(Restarting, Toggling it...
  6. Windows 10 update 1809

Windows 10 update 1809: Hi I successfully downloaded and installed the new feature update last night. However this morning I am dismayed at how every dialogue box is black. I am finding it very difficult to read the white print. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change this, and if so how?...
  7. Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet: Hardware: Acer Iconia Tab 8W (W1-810) Z3735G 1GB 32GB 8" Windows 10 Home. So, last weekend I went to turn the tablet off and selected "update and shutdown" from the power menu. In the morning, went to turn it on again, came up with the screen saying it was applying the...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1809 update: downloaded 1809 os using media tool now what is next what can I choose efi folder...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-update/17b7a848-6883-4158-8012-27f48fc696ec"
  9. windows 10 update 1809

windows 10 update 1809: I downloaded update 1809 on October 2,2018 will I have to reinstall this update once it is fixed, or is the one released on the 2 of October the same update, or will Microsoft send the fix through windows update....
  10. Cannot enable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Build 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot enable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Build 1809: Hi there! Recently i have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to the new rolled out Build 1809 . Before the Update i could change PC mode from Desktop mode to Tablet mode, but since i have installed the new update, the tablet mode key is disabled and unclickable! Any Tips?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lynx tablet 10 not upgrading to 1809

2. win 10 1809 for tablet

3. windows 10 1809 wifi stopped working