Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Took 2 days for update to complete. Once laptop actually restarted - software there but all other documents removed from desktop and all software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RandyMurray2, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

Took 2 days for update to complete. Once laptop actually restarted - software there but all other documents removed from desktop and all software settings gone. Got error that a temporary profile was created. How can I recover/get back prior settings?

:)

RandyMurray2, Aug 15, 2019
  2. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

1. Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile - Similar Threads - update 1809 sent

2. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  3. Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile Error on Windows 10.: I have accidentally deleted ntuser.dat file today. After this incident my laptop is running strangely. At first it said "temporary profile error" which I tried to solve from "regedit" also tried to use local administrator by signing out of my account but didn't succeed. My...
  4. Temporary Profile after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile after Windows update: Windows ran an update to my PC today and when I logged in all my files were missing from the Documents folder. I was able to find them in the C Drive under users and the Documents folders seems to point to Temp. When trying to sync my account I got a message in Red that said...
  5. Temporary Windows Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary Windows Profile: When I started my Acer laptop (Windows 10 64bit) yesterday it said there was an issue and I should log in again. I logged in to find I had a new profile which I have subsequently realised is a temporary one. This means I have no admin rights and cannot save anything. I can...
  6. Temporary profile following Windows 10 update

Temporary profile following Windows 10 update: Following a recent Window 10 update I was informed that there had been a problem and that I was now using a temporary profile. With each successive update I lose everything - files, desktop, Outlook, Taskbar etc and I'm back to square one. Annoying and time consuming trying...
  7. Temporary profile

Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  8. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  9. Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 signing in with temporary profile: Windows 10 has decided to sign me in with a temporary profile. I can't get out of this by doing a shut down, starting up and signing in with username, PW or pin or biometrics. How do I get my real profile back?...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...