Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1903 (18362.267) touch keyboard problems

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1903 (18362.267) touch keyboard problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just updated Windows on my work tablet this week and it has changed my touch keyboard. My job requires me to input numbers into an Excel spreadsheet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markl, Aug 15, 2019.

1. markl Win User

Windows 10 update 1903 (18362.267) touch keyboard problems

I just updated Windows on my work tablet this week and it has changed my touch keyboard. My job requires me to input numbers into an Excel spreadsheet. Since I do this while walking around, I use the touch keyboard set to the numeric keyboard.

Now, whenever I switch focus after using that keyboard (different cell, form field, etc.), it reverts back to the alphabetical keyboard. My coworker has the same tablet and got the same update, but is not encountering this problem. Is there a setting where I can make it stay on numeric when changing cells (using cells as an example, as that's what I primarily use it for)? I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance!

:)

markl, Aug 15, 2019

2. Problem in windows 10 Touch Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can get the touch keyboard icon:

• Right Click on the task bar on empty place and
    • Select the option which says Show touch keyboard button

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update 1903 (18362.267) touch keyboard problems - Similar Threads - update 1903 18362

2. Microsoft Touch Keyboard Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Touch Keyboard Problems: Microsoft Touch Keyboard Is buggy in win 10 home single language version 21H2It's frequently being buggy when used with discord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-touch-keyboard-problems/b656b7b4-ec65-42a9-b8fb-733a49737e38
  3. Microsoft Touch Keyboard Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Touch Keyboard Problems: Microsoft Touch Keyboard Is buggy in win 10 home single language version 21H2It's frequently being buggy when used with discord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-touch-keyboard-problems/b656b7b4-ec65-42a9-b8fb-733a49737e38
  4. Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue after Windows 10, version 1903 update version 10.0.18362 Build 18362: After restart the Network icon changed to a globe, it said I didn't have Internet access but I did. Normally my networks SSID displays, but that no longer does. Some .NET Framework 3.5 4.8 cumulative updates came up so I applied them, after the restart, the original...
  5. keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903: i am using asus rog gl 552vx after update windows 10 version 1903 i face issue on my laptop keyboard.some keys r working and some are not,please give a update on this problem. ihope other some people also in this trouble....
  6. Windows 10 1903 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update problem: Hi, i am trying to update my windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, every single time i restart the computer to do the update, the spinning circle gets stuck, like the animation of the spinning circle stops.. and i checked the hard drive activity light, it is not blinking and it is...
  7. Windows 10 1903 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 update problems: Ever since i updated my vaio laptop to windows 10 1903, none of my programs are opening, the start button doesn’t work, i have no network, and it is telling me that apps have been blocked by an administrator (which is not true as I am the administrator). Please help....
  8. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...
  9. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...
  10. Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Touch Keyboard: So I bought a s****y new Windows 10 tablet with all kinds of bells and whistles. My only problem is that I apparently type too fast for the on screen keyboard. When you hold a letter, it comes up with some obscure charcters that nobody will ever realistically use, myself as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 keyboard issues

2. excel task pane keyboard input windows 1903

3. asus rog keyboard driver windows 10 1903

4. on-screen keyboard 1903,
  5. touch keyboard windows 10 issues,
  6. in windows 10 1903 what is touch keyboard input