Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As said in the title, I have been experiencing Total lock up on my pc, that was only twice but the BSOD's are of my main concern as when I moved from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoTheTroll22, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up

As said in the title, I have been experiencing Total lock up on my pc, that was only twice but the BSOD's are of my main concern as when I moved from 1806 to 1903 it has become a prominent issue, I personally believe that it was because of the windows update as it makes no sense what so ever that it only started after the update for windows, that is my personal opinion, however this does not mean I 100% believe it is, I have a sliver of hope that it's not but however, I will be handing off my Mini dump files in hope that I could get help.

P.S. - I have done a total of Two Total wipes on this PC, doing a Wipe on my HDD and SSD and clearing partitions for a clean install of windows and this issue is still very prominent.
    (I did have to compress the Minidump files folder into a rar file.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j4vpqdokKiw4qay_0mo-RBj2TIHlM5ht

:)

LeoTheTroll22, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2019
  3. varxtis Win User
    Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up

1. Windows 10 update 1903 BSOD's and PC total lock up - Similar Threads - update 1903 BSOD's

2. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  3. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included: Hey All, I am having a very hard time debugging this issue. My system is locking up fully randomly, often when I have a youtube video playing, and a game open at the same time. Now I will list my system specs. This should not be an issue at all for my system.I run two...
  4. System freeze up, no BSOD. Just total lock up Minidump included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 constant BSOD or locking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 constant BSOD or locking up.: I have a custom build PC. Dual boots with Linux Mint 20.3 and Windows 10. They are installed on separate hard drives Linux on SSD, Windows on HDD. I have had constant problems since I installed windows, even having reinstalled it thrice. I exceed all the minimum requirements,...
  6. Windows 10 constant BSOD or locking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 constant BSOD or locking up.: I have a custom build PC. Dual boots with Linux Mint 20.3 and Windows 10. They are installed on separate hard drives Linux on SSD, Windows on HDD. I have had constant problems since I installed windows, even having reinstalled it thrice. I exceed all the minimum requirements,...
  7. New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD

New windows 10 PC keeps locking up or BSOD: so I've just finished building my brand bew gaming PC and it j Keeps locking up or BSODing. The bsod error is "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" It happens when I'm just sitting on desktop. The biggest problem is that it happens before I can finish any windows updates so I can't...
  8. Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update

Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update: I have a new Asus Gamers Republic laptop I don't have much on it I only watch netflix, hulu, check email and FB and play asphalt 9 and DAOC and also I use Discord but Asphalt 9 updated and would not open without new update windows 10 2004 and since update I can open...
  9. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  10. Total system lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Total system lock up: Hello all, I have a custom built PC that seems to have quite a unique issue. (Or so google thinks) I am unable to load anything other than the bios. When i attempt to boot into windows the computer locks up. When i attempt to choose the repair computer in boot options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 locking up