Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix?

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I consistently use "Show Only On 1" monitor or just "Show Only On 2" Monitor (monitor 2 if just a TV i use to watch stuff). Before updating to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cavan Thomas, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix?

I consistently use "Show Only On 1" monitor or just "Show Only On 2" Monitor (monitor 2 if just a TV i use to watch stuff).
    Before updating to Windows 1903, i could switch from "Show Only On 1" monitor to "Show Only On 2" monitor (In the Windows Display Settings) and i could switch the audio fine in settings.
    Now when i do the same, Windows 10 doesn't recognise the new audio device (the tv) until i "troubleshoot sound problems", and then it recognises it so i can change. Can i fix this so it was like before the update on the current update or is the only way to go back an update?

:)

Cavan Thomas, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 2, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix?

1. Windows 10 Update 1903 Created Audio Problem When Switching Monitors, Can I Fix? - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Created

2. How can I fix this update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this update problem: * Duplicate of: How can i fix the problem Hi everyone I'm facing a challenge on my laptop Dell type as I'm trying to update it and it says install error and if i start it again it takes a long time even a day to move from 0%to 100 %on updating. i need you help please. Is it...
  3. Create action to switch audio profiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create action to switch audio profiles?: Hi I'm looking for an app or ability to create a shortcut that allows me to switch from stereo to 5.1 surround sound and back to stereo when I want to. I have to go into sound settings > configure > 5.1 surround sound > every time I watch a movie. And I have to change it...
  4. Programs not switching audio devices when I switch the audio device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not switching audio devices when I switch the audio device: My Setup: Dual monitors with integrated speakers and a headset I plug/unplug frequently. Issue: On my desktop computer, when I open a program with sound, the sound loads into the audio device that is currently being used, but when I switch the playback device (either to the...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 1903 Update Problem: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 17763.1457 I've downloaded the stand alone 1903 update (KB4505057) since Windows Update only updates to 1809. I'm wondering if the update problem concerns the enterprise version. When I attempt to install the 1903 update,...
  6. Windows 10 1903 - Audio Line-In won't switch with Default Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 - Audio Line-In won't switch with Default Audio Device: Since upgrading to 1903, my two line-in audio signals won't change whenever I switch the default playback device. This is my setup: Windows 10 Pro 1903 System Build 18362.418 Realtek ALC1220 onboard audio chipset two playback devices (speakers & headphones) two line-in...
  7. Windows 10 1903 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update problem: Hi, i am trying to update my windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, every single time i restart the computer to do the update, the spinning circle gets stuck, like the animation of the spinning circle stops.. and i checked the hard drive activity light, it is not blinking and it is...
  8. Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Monitor Calibration - problem when switching accounts: I run Windows 10 Pro Ver 1903 (OS build 18362.329) on my PC. There are 2 accounts on the PC, my own and my partner's. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I keep all my drivers and software installations fully up to date. I calibrate my monitor using an...
  9. Windows 10 1903 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 update problems: Ever since i updated my vaio laptop to windows 10 1903, none of my programs are opening, the start button doesn’t work, i have no network, and it is telling me that apps have been blocked by an administrator (which is not true as I am the administrator). Please help....
  10. windows 10 1903 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1903 update problem: this problem is not solving, though i'm installing microsoft recommended version is 15.9.6.1044 . i need a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-update-problem/eaeefde4-2766-4925-97e9-53650a100c5c