Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1903 missing files, directories and more

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1903 missing files, directories and more in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is NOT an "Install and Upgrade." I have been running Windows 10 Pro and was just now pushed the ill fated 1903 update. So we are talking UPDATE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VSGarner, Oct 9, 2019.

1. VSGarner Win User

Windows 10 Update 1903 missing files, directories and more

This is NOT an "Install and Upgrade." I have been running Windows 10 Pro and was just now pushed the ill fated 1903 update. So we are talking UPDATE only. Update to Windows 10 1903. Mine specifically updated on 10/9/19.

What the heck is the Windows.old folder? It has programs since update 1903? Please explain that logic and how these programs are accessed or if they are accessed at all.

Also, my video files are all gone, including simple .mpg files from personal camera uploads/backups. And, my pictures directory has either been moved, hidden or wiped from directory assignment because my backup and sync programs cannot find it. Is there any way to uninstall this update? Recover? Restore?

Can any of the above options be done and restore files that are missing and/or moved? And if we do go back to the earlier update, I understand that in a month we are forced to go with this 1903. It is a mess. And oh yeah - the sound comes and goes and well. But most obvious, what is up with Windows.old that holds program files and where the heck are my video and other multimedia files? Losing those is unforgiveable - 99% to the point I am ready to say goodbye to Windows as soon as I can afford.

Please advise.

:)

VSGarner, Oct 9, 2019

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 1903 missing files, directories and more - Similar Threads - Update 1903 missing

2. Missing directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing directory: Windows 11Started my computer this afternoon, tried to open my primary working directory. File Manager does not show it. Tried the hidden files option with no luck. I did not delete it, but did a restore from the Recycle bin. Still does not show up. The path is...
  3. Missing directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing directory: Windows 11Started my computer this afternoon, tried to open my primary working directory. File Manager does not show it. Tried the hidden files option with no luck. I did not delete it, but did a restore from the Recycle bin. Still does not show up. The path is...
  4. Burning Mystery of missing file directories !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning Mystery of missing file directories !!!: Gentlemen, a mini-catastrophe happened to my laptop Asus X751L - for no reason, all the files /documents in the "Documents" folder and in the "Downloads" folder have completely disappeared !!!... What is a probable reason for such an elimination/ erasing of the documents in...
  5. Burning Mystery of missing file directories !!!

Burning Mystery of missing file directories !!!: Gentlemen, a mini-catastrophe happened to my laptop Asus X751L - for no reason, all the files /documents in the "Documents" folder and in the "Downloads" folder have completely disappeared !!!... What is a probable reason for such an elimination/ erasing of the documents in...
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 1903: Missing pause feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgraded to Windows 10 1903: Missing pause feature update: I recently upgrade 3 machines from Windows 10 Professional 1809 to 1903. I also did a fresh install of a 4th machine with Windows 10 Professional 1903. After the upgrade/install was finished, I set all 4 machines to defer future feature updates to 120 days. After a couple...
  7. Windows 10 1903 update missing desktop files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update missing desktop files: Hi, so i recently updated to windows 10 1903 after putting it off for a while and folders on my desktop arent there anymore and i cannot find them. So, basically the update was going normally until it went into the sign in. It came up with " The user profile server failed...
  8. Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903

Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903: After updating to the latest version of Windows and logging in, this message immediately comes up on my desktop: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. How can I find this module on my computer -- or update...
  9. Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903

Windows Update History Missing after Update 1903: After updating to Windows 10 version 1903, all update history is missing. Is there a away to restore it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-history-missing-after-update-1903/2181471a-53e1-4fe7-9cec-67d6ac3dd05a
  10. Missing directories in 2 popular file managers

Missing directories in 2 popular file managers: Both FreeCommanderXE and MultiCommander fail to show the c:\Program Files (X86) directory. Furthermore, FreeCommanderXE fails to show Users\<username>\Appdata and it's subdirectories. The following screenshot shows this in 3 overlapping windows; Windows Explorer is the top...