Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven't used the AVG app for a long time. So I had no objection to uninstalling it. I tried using the updater's "uninstall" button. Nothing happened.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dusty Mojave, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

I haven't used the AVG app for a long time. So I had no objection to uninstalling it. I tried using the updater's "uninstall" button. Nothing happened. Repeatedly. So I tried uninstalling it from "Settings". Again. Nothing happened...repeatedly. So I went online and downloaded the AVG Uninstaller tool. Followed the directions and rebooted in Safe Mode. Uninstalled the app. and re-booted. Now I can find no crumb of AVG. Tried the updater again and got the same message to update or uninstall AVG 2015. So I went to the "Help" button in the Updater window. "Help" was no help at all. For one thing Microsoft doesn't seem to understand that I might have such trouble, so it's not a option. So I tried the "Chat". No help again. Chose the "speak to a Person" option. Chat not available at this time. Tried the phone number. Got a message that the phone number dialed was incorrect. Considering the "101" prefix to the phone number, I'm not surprised. Very frustrating process. Left feedback to that effect repeatedly. So far no help at all. In researching this forum about the problem I found an issue listed with 1903 no installing because of incompatibility with a Intel app. Read through that thread and found similar frustration and the thread was locked with no real solution for the OP. At this point I'm expecting the same for my post here. Thanks for nothing Microsoft. You are pushing me to seek other options, such as Linux.

:)

Dusty Mojave, Aug 7, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

1. Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or... - Similar Threads - Update 1903 won't

2. Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install: Windows 10 update 1903 and 1909 won't install until next Update Releases. I've had issues with Both Updates not installing countless times it Downloads & needs to install on restart but fails indefinitely but as i have discovered this isn't a PC issue like a lot of people...
  3. Must I update to 1903?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Must I update to 1903?: I have a laptop which is used for only one application. It doesn't require an internet connection so I haven't connected in about two years. Today I thought it might be a good idea to get current. I connected to my home WiFi and started all the accumulated updates. After a...
  4. Windows 10 1903 won't update

Windows 10 1903 won't update: Update stalls at 65%. Tells me can't configure one or more components. Also Error 0x80246019 comes up. Can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-wont-update/16cc9ec3-a863-479f-b64c-573773ed00ea
  5. windows update 1903 avg probleem

windows update 1903 avg probleem: hallo, Ik heb geprobeerd om de update 1903 te installeren maar ik krijg een foutmelding (Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with windows 10) ik heb de laatste update's gedaan en ik heb zelf een abonnement lopen bij avg dus ik weet nie hoe ik verder moet ,...
  6. updating windows 10 because of avg antivirus

updating windows 10 because of avg antivirus: i am having problems updating my windows 10 because AVG Antivirus isn't cmpatible with windows 10 - how do i locate the antivirus because as far as I know, i don't have avg on my computer and its not showing upo on my apps or my programs...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903- All tries rejected because of AVG antivirus

Windows 10 update 1903- All tries rejected because of AVG antivirus: Hello My PC (HP laptop) runs Win 10 1803 and I am notified to update to 1903. After the update attempt I got a Failure message AVG antivirus needs update or uninstalling. I tried to update to the last version; Rebooted, Update attempt failed. Then I removed / uninstalled...
  8. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.: I want to Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. AVG suggest to install back its program to enable the Windows Update....
  9. Why won't Windows update 1903 install?

Why won't Windows update 1903 install?: I tried installing the new Windows update 1903 many times after initial failures of the ordinary installation processes both using the update troubleshooter and the Windows Update Assistant app. It won't install. Most recently, using the Assistant app, I got the error message...
  10. Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AVG blocking Updates and install of visual studio 2015 community?: I did a clean install of Windows 10 for the 3rd time and somehow allways seem to lock either the windows update or the viual studio 2015 install.update.change program. I suspect it is Free AVG that is the couse bur I can't seem to find any confirmation of that. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4524570 wont install

2. windows KB4524570 WONT INSTALL ON WINDOWS 10

3. avg blocking windows 1903 update even though its not installed

4. i cant update windows 10 although i have uninstall avg antivirus,
  5. windows 10 wont update avg,
  6. windows 10 version 1903 wont install,
  7. windows 10 update and AVG,
  8. windows 10 wont update av g,
  9. AVG wont let Windows Update 1903 install,
  10. windows 10 wont update because of avg,
  11. windows update 1903 wont install because of trend antivirus client,
  12. windows 10 1903 wont install beacuse of avg even though i have already removed it