Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey folks, So I have two AMD-RAID Toshiba DT01ACA3 SCSCI Disk devices that are grouped in one array. When I tried to update Windows I got a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seanzzxx, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Seanzzxx Win User

Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array

Hey folks,

So I have two AMD-RAID Toshiba DT01ACA3 SCSCI Disk devices that are grouped in one array. When I tried to update Windows I got a message saying I needed to update my AMD-RAID drivers because the old drivers did not play nicely with the new update, with this message:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4504107/cannot-install-may-2019-update-on-computers-running-certain-amd-raid

After updating it via the AMD-RAID Software provided by AMD the message went away and the update was installed. However, after this update the whole drive is gone from explorer, and programs also cannot access files on it anymore. However, the two disks still show up in device management, and are also recognized by AMD Raid Xpert2. After restoring to the previous update the drive was found again, and the two disks were properly arrayed and everything worked properly. I did not do the original installing of the array I had the computer built by someone, but I know it was done in Windows itself. Does anyone know why this problem occurs, how to prevent it, and if not: if I can array the two disks again after the update without losing anything that is on there? Thanks!

:)

Seanzzxx, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Bazsl1 Win User

Can I use a RAID 1 drive array as my Windows boot drive?

I am not going to use hardware RAID. I want to use Windows Storage Spaces to create the RAID 1 array from two identical hard drives.

Do I install Windows on the first hard drive then create the RAID array using Storage Spaces?

When I create the RAID array will Windows automatically mirror the Windows installation including the boot partition to the second drive so the RAID array is bootable?

Are their any steps unique to this setup that I must follow when installing Windows or creating the RAID array so that the RAID array will be bootable?

Bazsl1, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro 64bit and Raid 0 array

Hey there Tristan3339,

What are the drives' models? Do have in mind that if you are using non-NAS/RAID drives this may occur on a regular basis as they don't have the additional features that prevents them from dropping out of the RAID (WD Blue, WD Green and WD Black for example).
    I would recommend using NAS/RAID drives for such arrays (like the WD Red: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=UlglbY ).

I would check the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drives in the array and see if they have signs of failure that may be causing them to drop out and the RAID to be rejected. Cables and ports should also be checked.

Also if there are any newer updates for the drivers, OS and anything else, I'd suggest that you install it.

How did you configure your array (OS, BIOS, what settings)?

Captain_WD, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array

raid 0 array installation

im trying to install windows 10 on a raid 0 array and when i select the drive to install to it splits the array and then cannot install to either parts

Me

the array is 3 1TB drives. it sees it as 3 TB in the installation manager, but when i try to select it it splits it to a 2TB drive and a 1TB drive. it then wont let me install to either drive

I have windows 10 pro

I set up the array in bios and all is well

I boot to installation media dvd and it says "a media driver your computer needs is missing.

I select the new raid driver and install it.

Then it asks for installation destination, it sees my 3 TB array but when i click on it it separates it into a 2 TB drive and a 1TB drive and then it gives me an error saying " we couldnt install windows in the location you chose. please check your media
    drive. heres ore info about what happened: 0x80300024"

IsaacLintner, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array

1. Windows 10 update 1909 breaks my RAID array - Similar Threads - update 1909 breaks

2. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...: I have a 2 drive RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper resource to do so. Any help appreciated, this thing is taking forever to load. Thanks in Advance....
  3. I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper...: I have a 2 drive RAID Array on Win 10Pro. I want to remove the Raid Array. Need a link to a proper resource to do so. Any help appreciated, this thing is taking forever to load. Thanks in Advance....
  4. Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advice on how to copy ssd to raid array: Hi, I have this PC on my office running Windows 10 20H2 that has some expensive software and I would like to upgrade my 128 GB SSD to a raid 1 with two 1 TB SSD's for additional capacity and safety. How should I proceed to copy my current disk directly to the raid array?...
  5. Windows update just broke my RAID 1 array

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update just broke my RAID 1 array: The volume was mostly backed up. My video shoot this weekend 6 hours work I cannot reshoot was not backed up yet, so I desperately need to repair the array somehow. The device is a Lacie 2TB Bolt 3 Thunderbolt. It is a pair of SSDs packaged in one unit. It was configured...
  6. How to delete RAID 0 array

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete RAID 0 array: Hi, I want to delete RAID 0 I made with Storage Spaces. I'ts 4 HDDs and one is having problems. It still works, but I have problem deleting or moving some files. Tried eliminating the HDD from the array, but it won´t let me (stuck at 0,04% use for months) Tried from the...
  7. Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 breaks my bluetooth: Dear Microsoft posters, I use noise cancelling headphones for my hyperacusis, I cannot live without them since I got it, the slightest noises give me ear jaw and neck cramps and can make my tinnitus worse. So, after spending a lot of troubleshooting, I got bluetooth on my...
  8. Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert RAID 0 array to regular drives?: After installing Win 10 Pro 64-bit, my internal HDD RAID 0 array began to show an error on one of the 2 drives at start up (Listed as "error occurred" in red text on the screen that usually has all white text on a black screen), and also it's been acting funny, intermittently...
  9. Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a RAID 1 Array: Originally, I wanted to create a RAID 1 Array using USB Drives lying around and test it out and see how well RAID 1 works. A message popped up when I clicked on the partition I wanted to mirror and said the operation failed because the Disk Management Console is not up to...
  10. Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD: I updated to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install and had issues with my RAID array showing up as raw format. I was able to take a backup of it from my W7 drive then rebooted into W10 deleted the array in Disk Management, deleted the array in the controller BIOS and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd raid for windows 1909

2. AMD RAID Driver 1909