Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Two days ago I did the 1909 update. Since then my Chrome browser has become all quirky. When I close a tab, the entire browser minimizes. When I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SiriusGD, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

Two days ago I did the 1909 update.

Since then my Chrome browser has become all quirky. When I close a tab, the entire browser minimizes. When I go to open a YouTube video in another tab, both the new tab and the current tab show the video playing. And then when I hit 'back' on the current tab of course YouTube reloads a fresh page with half of the stuff different then before. Sometimes when I click on a bookmark on the toolbar it not only opens that bookmark but the one next to it too. Then the mouse events even seem to be all over the place. Sometimes clicking on a playing video will pause it, other times it will minimize the window without pausing it. WTH.

I tried to roll it back but Windows says that it can't because I did the update more than 10 days ago even though it was only two days ago. I tried to do a restore from a restore point but that fails and shows some error about OneDrive which isn't even on my C Drive. (I select to restore C Drive only) I hate Windows but what are our other options? I will never use Apple even if you paid me. And Linux is just too much work.

I went back to using Firefox and was able to put an ad-blocker extension on it which was the only reason I was using Chrome in the first place (for the ad-blocker). Sure, I have to put in all my user ids and passwords again but I'll manage. I like Firefox better anyways but Windows pisses me off.

submitted by /u/SiriusGD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SiriusGD, Nov 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary device not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser

1. Windows 10 update 1909 broke my Chrome browser - Similar Threads - update 1909 broke

2. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  3. Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1909 broke my audio and my search bar: Stop pushing out updates that break everything. Why, just why would you force an update on users that breaks something as key as audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1909-broke-my-audio-and-my-search-bar/380602d7-1262-4954-b188-cabd1ad6cdc1
  4. Windows 10 Updated to Version 1909 - Broke everything

Windows 10 Updated to Version 1909 - Broke everything: Hello, my computer forced a windows 10 update and now I can't play video on the internet Youtube, Vimeo in any of the browsers I have installed. I also cannot download apps from the store. They get stuck on downloading. I also have an update the won't install named "2020-09...
  5. 1909 Update broke stuff

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Update broke stuff: Well here we go, After the 1909 update this morning, My Strafe RGB Mk2 keyboard is no longer recognized by my iCUE software and now Paintshop Pro X6 will no longer open or save an image. Not shjure what else is broken yet. Running WIndows Pro 64 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)....
  6. Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser

Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser: I've recently updated my windows 10 operation system and after I restarted my laptop I couldn't open my chrome browser. Every time I start It pops up, but than closes....
  7. Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!

Windows 10 Updates 1903 & 1909 Broke my Computer again!: My main computer that I use for my business, designing 3D models, has been acting up due to updates since last year, now as of April 1st 2020, I have spent several days trying to fix issues updates have been causing with no luck. At this point my computer is completely...
  8. Windows 10 1909 Broke My Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 Broke My Bluetooth: Yesterday I moved from Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 1909 by deleting everything on the hard drive. My Bluetooth headset, which was working properly before the format process, was no longer detected. I tried connecting again after making sure I had installed all the drivers...
  9. April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    April 2018 update broke Chrome browser (Cryptographic Services bug): I updated to the April 2018 version of Win10 a couple months ago. It caused several issues and broke my Chrome browser completely, so I reverted back to the old version. But Microsoft forced another update on me, so I need this issue fixed somehow. All the googling I've done...
  10. chrome browser update

in Browsers and Email
    chrome browser update: Once is a while when I am on chrome browser a full page window pops up and wants me to update. I am sure this is spam or scam of some type and I do not click on it. My question is since I run ccleaner, malwarebytes, avg, and mrt all of which find nothing why am I getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome not working on windows 10 version 1909

2. windows 1909 chrome

3. windows update 1909 chrome

4. windows 10 1909 chrome,
  5. windows 10 1909 chrome not working,
  6. google chrome 1909,
  7. chrome not working on 1909,
  8. Windows 10 1909 Chrome issues,
  9. chrome will not open on win10 1909,
  10. windows 10 1909 crashing when use browser,
  11. does chrome work on windows 10 version 1909,