Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input in Cortana to solve the problem; Since updating to 1909, as soon a a character is typed in the file explorer search box the blue arrow appears but no text. The search does work though... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FrankWatkins, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input

Since updating to 1909, as soon a a character is typed in the file explorer search box the blue arrow appears but no text. The search does work though and what you typed, blind, appears in the history. I think the Address ribbon is too big and the search box is too small. Can this be changed?

:)

FrankWatkins, Nov 23, 2019

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring".

Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm having to resort to using a third-party search app just to find files in my projects.

Kind regards

Byron

Byron Kleingeld, Nov 23, 2019
  3. RickyGeu Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input

1. Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer search box does not show text input - Similar Threads - Update 1909 file

2. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer: When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best match feature shows me "File Explorer Options" in the Control Panel, rather than the File Explorer app. Yes, I know I can...
  3. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer: When I search for "File Explorer" in the search bar on my Windows 10 device the one in the bottom left corner, File Explorer does not show up. The best match feature shows me "File Explorer Options" in the Control Panel, rather than the File Explorer app. Yes, I know I can...
  4. Windows 10 search box does not display File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Cortana
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  6. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  7. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing: As the title says, updated a PC to 1909 and now the search box in file explorer is missing. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/ShiningSquirrel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ej4avc/windows_10_1909_file_explorer_search_box_missing/
  9. Windows 10 Version 1909 - Cannot type into File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Version 1909 - Cannot type into File Explorer search box: Hi all, I have an HP 15-DW0046NR laptop with Intel 8265U processor and 8GB RAM. Windows version is Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, Version 1909 OS Build 10.0.18363.535 (Nov 2019 Update). The problem is that since I received the update the other day the search box is "dead". By...
  10. In the latest updates to Windows 10 the file explorer does not show a search dialog box.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the latest updates to Windows 10 the file explorer does not show a search dialog box.: Where is the search dialog box in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-latest-updates-to-windows-10-the-file/5589b688-78b2-4edf-a033-8233f9634f38"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search box not working build 1909

2. file explorer cannot input search

3. search box in file explore does not allow input

4. w10 build 1909 cannot use search in file explorer,
  5. windows 1909 cannot search