Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works!

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works! in Cortana to solve the problem; I used the size option to locate files for when a drive was running out of space! Is there a new way?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by falaniz, Dec 19, 2019.

1. falaniz Win User

Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works!

I used the size option to locate files for when a drive was running out of space! Is there a new way?

:)

falaniz, Dec 19, 2019
  2. jbates7 Win User

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

As suggested earlier, when Windows 10 search in explorer 1909 does not work (i.e. nothing can be typed into the search box), restart Windows Explorer in the task manager.

Windows 10 updates - usually I wait a week or so before updating so that bugs can be fixed. Obviously this did't work in whichever update that trashed Wiindows Explorer.

jbates7, Dec 19, 2019
  3. RickyGeu Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works!

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works!

1. Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works! - Similar Threads - Update 1909 file

2. Filename search in Explorer no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Filename search in Explorer no longer works: I used to be able to search for file names in Windows Explorer by typing a term like 'filename: foo' in the Search box. Now that does not return any matches. I can find a match by typing 'foo' in the Search box, but it also sometimes returns files that don't have 'foo' in the...
  3. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  4. File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching: Before my computer was forced to update (after being spammed every hour to update), I could type anything to the search bar of file explorer and it would begin searching. Now, instead, I have to press enter or click the search button for the search to begin. Is this a bug...
  5. Autocomplete in search bar no longer works in file explorer following Windows 10 update

Autocomplete in search bar no longer works in file explorer following Windows 10 update: Prior to a recent Windows 10 update I could start typing a filename into the search bar of Windows explorer and it would autofill matching results 'on the fly'. Since the update this no longer works and I have to type in the search parameter and then click on the arrow or...
  6. Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing: As the title says, updated a PC to 1909 and now the search box in file explorer is missing. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/ShiningSquirrel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ej4avc/windows_10_1909_file_explorer_search_box_missing/
  7. Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909)

Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909): Hello, I have installed the latest update of windows 10 (home and pro). Windows 10 Pro - 1909 (v. 18363.476) Now the "search" tab is no longer in the folders and I can't clear the search history either. Where is this tab?! [ATTACH]...
  8. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  9. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  10. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 file size search

2. 1909 size

3. windows explorer search by file size