Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4400120, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update.

My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection would break and deactivate. Going into networking panel and attempting enable it would not work only full reboot would.

Had my dns setting set to google's public one and have done so for years. Only pages that would load fine for me are related to google searches.

Flushed my dns setting via cmd and chrome. Used cmd command to see if anything was corrupted or broken and came up with only needing to repair the windows store.

Went into safe mode and ran 5 types of anti virus/anti malware software and this did not help. One program took 5 hours due to scanning every file.

1:tdsskiller

2:adwcleaner_8.0.1

3: Windows Defender

4: Malwarebytes

5:esetonlinescanner_enu

Left PC for 3 hours to check the hard drive during boot to check for bad sectors.

Did not help at all, hard drive seems to be working fine and have had no issues since manually uninstalling windows 10 1909.

When nothing I did helped I did a system restore that was stuck for 3 hours and failed.

This also corrupted my windows hibernation file and caused windows to shut down when going to restart/hibernation.

Going to wait a month before attempting to install the latest windows update again. I normally do but seem to have been not paying attention this time.

Side note: Few minor issues popped up such as reinstalling chrome hanging half way, randomly windows not allowing me to open malwarebytes but working fine for windows security. Malwarebytes worked fine in safe mode.

Updating drivers did not help.

Disabling hybrid mode for hibernation/shut down did not help.

Also windows refused to show any data when looking up what version of the OS I was running when having 1909 installed.

Currently I have

Windows 10 Home edition

V 1903

OS Build:18362.592

Issue has resolved itself once reverting back to v1903, had to unplug computer to get hibernation to work again.

Did not find any information related to this so it might be a fluke, this might help others facing similar issues. Sure a simpler fix might be around but google was not my friend during this issue and nothing I searched helped.

submitted by /u/4400120
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4400120, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 20, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

1. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue - Similar Threads - update 1909 Issue

2. Issues updating Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues updating Windows 10 1909 to Windows 10 21H1: My computer runs Windows 10 1909. I have tried to update it ever since 2004 came out. First, I tried through the Settings app, and it failed. It left the error code 0xc1900101. Next, I downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant, and it also did not work. Then I downloaded the...
  3. Windows 10 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 issue: I've been having issues with my windows since the last security update back around march 9 booting it up takes like 30 minutes now and when I check the disk usage my main hdd is running at 100% only program draining it seems to be system.exe, I've had corrupted hdd's before...
  4. Issues with 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with 1909 update: Having issues after installing optional 1909 update yesterday. It downloaded quick but didnt install. After a few hours I restarted system and tried again but nothing. On the last restart it seemed to take but how my system was all screwed up. Issues: File explorer loads c...
  5. Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update: Hello, I updated to windows 1909, and ever since I did that I've been having a strange brightness issue. I adjust my brightness to my liking in my nvidia control panel I make it less bright with gamma. But when I leave my computer idle, the screen saver turns on screen goes...
  6. Windows 10 update issue - 1709, 16299.1087 to 1909

Windows 10 update issue - 1709, 16299.1087 to 1909: Im having a issue with my Windows update, when I try to update my PC via Windows update it gives me error 0x80246008, I tried many steps including checking hard drive, adding registry keys, clearing Software Distribution folder etc. When I tried to update my PC via iso file...
  7. 3 Issues for Windows 10 Build 1909 update

3 Issues for Windows 10 Build 1909 update: I did several times windows update but still it is showing that needs to download and install why? Everyday I download and install this update but after installing it shows again and sometimes it failed to download as well as some old updates cannot delete from "Storage" Why?...
  8. Issues with update 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with update 1909: I am using an Asus vivo book processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @110GHZ, Ram 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable) 64 bit operating system, X64-based processor. Storage..this PC (C:) 58.2 GB, 48.9 GB used 9.29 GB free. Version 1909 Download took 6 hours then got a popup saying...
  9. Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Issues. Windows Update 1909: Windows Search just breaks after 1, or 2 keystrokes. Windows treats itself like I'm doing a right click when I'm typing, when I'm not. Tried doing this without a mouse installed and the problem persisted. I've also updated to the latest version on Windows Update. I've...
  10. windows update 1909 issue

windows update 1909 issue: Hello i want update my windows to version 1909 but in instalation of this update windows tells me that i must uinstall mcafee endpoint security threat prevention but i alredy did it a also use MCPR but this program stopped on removing product MFP and stay like that until I...