Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a fairly new purchased within the last 6 months HP Omen laptop with an NVidia RTX 2070 GPU. After installing the 1909 update, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DBKingNerd, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU

Hello everyone. I have a fairly new purchased within the last 6 months HP Omen laptop with an NVidia RTX 2070 GPU. After installing the 1909 update, my computer no longer recognizes that I have a GPU at all. The keyboard shortcuts to dim/brighten the screen no longer work. The screen brightness slider doesn't show up in the notification area. And if I play games, my computer gets dangerously close to overheating I would guess that this is because the GPU, which would normally share the load, is now unavailable, forcing the CPU to take the full load.

The HP support assistant tried to install the correct drivers, but could not complete the process. The NVidia GeForce Experience app attempts to install the driver, but half the time it says "Cannot continue, no NVidea GPU detected". The other half, it starts the process, but then says "This driver is not compatible with this version of Windows".

Is anyone having a similar problem? Did anyone figure out a way to actually gain access to the driver and GPU? I've tried also downloading manually, and changing the compatibility settings of the driver installer and running it as an admin. So far nothing's worked.

I'm getting really tired of Windows breaking things. Before this, I had a Surface, which I really liked and, for the most part seemed immune to the update issues that most people were having. But now, after having something else...Windows Search breaking, not my GPU is dead for almost a month. I've spent many hours just trying to recover a system that I've paid a lot of money for so that I can enjoy games, only to have the experts at MS totally break my system and make their own product less and less valuable to me.

:)

DBKingNerd, Mar 15, 2020
  2. magefo Win User

Nvidia RTX 2070 mobile is not detected by windows 10

Hi,

I have an asus ROG STRIX SCAR II GL504GW and i have a problem with the Nvidia RTX 2070 Mobile. Windows 10 PRO version 1909 build 18363.657 is not recognizing this GPU, i tried differents alternatives to make it work, but i still have the problem. The things
    i tried are these:

1. Uninstall GPU drivers and install Nvidia's officials ones
    2. Uninstall GPU drivers and install Asus VGA Nvidia Official Driver
    3. Update Bios with Asus Bios latest version
    4. Make a windows 10 clean install and updated it to the latest version
    5. I repited 1 and 2
    6. i followed this advice from the forum: Nvidia GPU Error Code 45 Laptop
    And the problem continues. Please i need a solution.

magefo, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 15, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU

1. Windows 10 update 1909 killed my RTX GPU - Similar Threads - update 1909 killed

2. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  3. My RTX 3050 Laptop GPU disappeared from the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RTX 3050 Laptop GPU disappeared from the system.: Recently, I bought a new SSD and RAM. I put them in my laptop, then migrated the system to the new SSD. Now, the RTX 3050 no longer shows up on the Task Manager, and the fans are going crazy. I don't understand! I tried restarting, and downloading graphics drivers. When I...
  4. My RTX 3050 Laptop GPU disappeared from the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RTX 3050 Laptop GPU disappeared from the system.: Recently, I bought a new SSD and RAM. I put them in my laptop, then migrated the system to the new SSD. Now, the RTX 3050 no longer shows up on the Task Manager, and the fans are going crazy. I don't understand! I tried restarting, and downloading graphics drivers. When I...
  5. windows 10 update killed my keyboard.

windows 10 update killed my keyboard.: So, me and my wife unfortunately own a windows 10 laptop. This laptop has been trying to force us to update for weeks, saying our version is going out of service. I have been avoiding this update, because I already know the headaches windows updates cause foreshadowing?....
  6. Is it possible for Windows insider update to kill GPU's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible for Windows insider update to kill GPU's?: I got an RX 5700 Red Devil two weeks ago, flashed it with an XT BIOS and undervolted it slightly and it was totally stable (TimeSpy for ~20 minutes) and cool (~70°C).Applied a Windows update from the slow ring on Monday that was required for 20H1 as I've been trying to reset...
  7. 1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 killed my webcam and MS doesnt care: the win10 1909 update killed the webcam on many laptops and microsoft doesnt seem to care or even acknowledge the problem. i can pop in a linux distro and the camera works fine. i can load a 1903 backup and the camera works. 1909 broke the camera and i need a fix! submitted...
  8. Wupdate 1909 causes gpu to not be detected, old windows works fine. rtx 2060 i7 4770k

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wupdate 1909 causes gpu to not be detected, old windows works fine. rtx 2060 i7 4770k: Title, Friends pc that i built a while ago which consists of: i7 4770k rtx 2070 ventus Asus Z87-A He's been running windows 10 and the hardware for 8+months and he was forced to update to 1909 today, after updating his pc would not post, he tried again and it posted (?) and...
  9. Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter: Hi One (fairly) recent Windows 10 update stopped my Wifi. However, all the fixes tell you to go into Device Manager and update the drivers. What do I do if it's gone from Device Manager (and is not hidden either) ? If it had stopped while I was working, I might have...
  10. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp omen 1023 failed to restore because gpu