Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated to windows 10 1909 today. Now we are stuck in what looks like console view for logon. Can not uninstall update, satans little blue hamster... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TobyBurge, May 18, 2020.

1. TobyBurge Win User

Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box

Updated to windows 10 1909 today. Now we are stuck in what looks like console view for logon. Can not uninstall update, satans little blue hamster wheel just spins. Can't restore to this morning as the computer says it has been 10 days since update. Checked update history - showing last update at 12.30pm today. How do I get back standard logon screen?

:)

TobyBurge, May 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 18, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box

Marivel Man, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box

1. Windows 10 update 1909 system32/logonUI.exe black box - Similar Threads - update 1909 system32

2. What do I enter in black box after WINDOWS \system32>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I enter in black box after WINDOWS \system32>: I’m stuck on what to enter in black box after prompt to recover lost files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-enter-in-black-box-after-windows/fc4b51be-b842-42af-beab-012d914fe4c0
  3. What do I enter in black box after WINDOWS \system32>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I enter in black box after WINDOWS \system32>: I’m stuck on what to enter in black box after prompt to recover lost files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-enter-in-black-box-after-windows/fc4b51be-b842-42af-beab-012d914fe4c0
  4. What do I enter in black box after WINDOWS \system32>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I get a black rectangular box everytime an exe crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a black rectangular box everytime an exe crashes.: So, when an exe crashes I only crashed on yuzu.exe and cemu.exe if that helps this black thing appears over top of all other programs and seems to only disappear after restarting the whole computer. I tried checking task manager to remove whatever might have survived the...
  6. I get a black rectangular box everytime an exe crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get a black rectangular box everytime an exe crashes.: So, when an exe crashes I only crashed on yuzu.exe and cemu.exe if that helps this black thing appears over top of all other programs and seems to only disappear after restarting the whole computer. I tried checking task manager to remove whatever might have survived the...
  7. Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot find Windir System32 exe on Windows 10: Windows 10 OS keeps all the important system files, exe, and DLLs inside the System32 folder. These programs are indirectly or directly accessed by both users and the OS, but if they are missing, you will receive an error— %windir%\System32\abcd.exe on Windows 10. This...
  8. Windows 10 1909 - splwow64.exe issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1909 - splwow64.exe issues: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 64bit OS on Dell PC. Have an intermittent issue when printing to a Samsung M3820ND laser printer or a Zebra GK420d label printer. My 32bit application hangs reporting it is waiting for splwow64.exe. The only way I have to recover this is to...
  9. Black display after Windows 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black display after Windows 10 1909 update: I decided today to do a windows update and the windows 10 1909 ed was proposed. I accepted and waited long but I have lost my Lenovo T430 display: it seems nealy black and I cannot see and do any action. Please help me as before the PC was workong perfectly. Thanks...
  10. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...