Windows 10: Windows 10 update 1909 today

Discus and support Windows 10 update 1909 today in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows, Windows 10 updated my computer to 1909 and I saw that my photos under Photo Gallery no longer had their captions under the photos just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lynne Jeffreys, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update 1909 today

Hi Windows,

Windows 10 updated my computer to 1909 and I saw that my photos under Photo Gallery no longer had their captions under the photos just pixels.

If a placed the pointer new the bottom of the photo the caption appears but I would really like to go back to the way it was so I can see the

captions for each photo. I also noticed that Photo Gallery is very slow lately. Why is this happening and what can I do besides uninstall for the

moment? I am getting so annoyed with Windows lately. You just make peoples lives harder and not better with your forever changing systems.

I really would like Microsoft to go back to having either Photo Gallery with the ability to add in captions, descriptions, and tags like now or a similar photo program. The current photo one is no good at all. Not everyone wants their photos to be labeled with just the pixel size and date order especially when people spend hours and hours organizing photos on how they want them to be displayed. I do a lot with ancestry and not having the captions quickly to look at makes the job so much harder and unnecessary. It seems everything is geared towards quickie photos on a smartphone.

Lynne

:)

Lynne Jeffreys, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 2, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 1909 today

Windows 10 update 1909

Hey,

I've just clean installed windows 10. It is build 1803.

Today awesome 1909 have launched. I want to update to 1909 but in settings it is showing me option to upgrade to 1809. My friend told me I have to upgrade to 1809, then 1903 and then finally 1909.

I want to directly upgrade to 1909 without going through intermediate steps. How can I do this?

Sarthak Purohit, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 1909 today

1. Windows 10 update 1909 today - Similar Threads - update 1909 today

2. Windows 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 update: ive restored my pc one too many times now trying to get the update to cooperate even chose the erase all files option its beginning to make me want to renounce MS and i prefer MS over apple android an yada yada as soon as it finishes resetting and begins installing...
  3. windows 10 update 1909

windows 10 update 1909: My PC is set to automatically receive and install Windows 10 updates--which occur on a regular basis. I saw a note on the web that a "major" update was released on May 27 build 2004 was now available. I ran settings-->updates and I was prompted to install 1909 released...
  4. Windows 10 update 1909

Windows 10 update 1909: I am thinking of updating my windows 10 to 1909 version from 1809 as it shows that my current version is near end of service. But as far as I know a lot of people had the issue of update getting stuck at 48% while rebooting. And I tried to install 2004 version and got...
  5. windows 10 1909 update

windows 10 1909 update: tell me the update size which download for windows 10 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-update/e619d874-5494-4e6d-8158-0430166349a2
  6. Windows 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update 1909: Installed update 1909 on February 8th. Since installing update my laptop will not automatically or manually connect to the internet WiFi. The most recent message states that Windows can't connect to the hidden network "ATT6272" Any help would be much appreciated Dave...
  7. Windows 10 update 1909

Windows 10 update 1909: Hello, My system has tried to update to version Windows 10 v 1909 twice now and it gets hung up at about 48%. Any idea what is causing this? AND how do I correct it?...
  8. Windows 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 update: I wanted to install this update but it irked me because of how it installed. First of like everyone else I would think. I have my windows installed in a separate drive than from where I keep my games and programs. But when I install the update it places system files in my...
  9. Windows 10 update 1909

Windows 10 update 1909: Updated to 1909 after update was complete computer restarted normally. Then I shut the computer down and turn off the power. Waited a few minutes and restarted the computer it did restart. It wants to start, the board lights come on for a second then it turns off for two...
  10. New windows 10 update today

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New windows 10 update today: What is this? [img] 111938