Windows 10: Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc)

Discus and support Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Since the last update I can no longer access google websites (YouTube,Gmail,etc), I was able to access them before the update and now it they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlvaroDER, Feb 20, 2019.

1. AlvaroDER Win User

Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc)

Hello,

Since the last update I can no longer access google websites (YouTube,Gmail,etc), I was able to access them before the update and now it they show as "This site is not secure" with an error code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Every other website works just fine.

How do i fix this?

-Alvaro

:)

AlvaroDER, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

To help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would like to know if you also experience the issue with other Google websites? (Gmail, Google Maps, etc.)

Kindly also try to use a new InPrivate window and try to visit YouTube and Google again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

We also suggest that you use the Feedback Hub to help us make Windows and Microsoft Family better. You can provide feedback about Microsoft Family by sharing your suggestions or problems.

You can access the Feedback Hub by clicking on Windows Feedback on the app list. You can also type
    Windows Feedback on Cortana.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Feb 20, 2019
  3. SKH123 Win User
    Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

Hi Kyndra,

If you have already added Youtube and Google to the allowed list, kindly try to remove them and add them again. Refer to the
    Set limits on the websites your child can visit section on this support article on how to allow or block specific websites:

Set the right limits for your child

If the issue persists, kindly try to use a different web browser. We suggest that you use the latest version of Microsoft Edge.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further. 

Gino Des, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc) - Similar Threads - update blocking google

2. Computer can't load certain websites Youtube, Netflix, Gmail, Amazon etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer can't load certain websites Youtube, Netflix, Gmail, Amazon etc: When I try to play a video on youtube or netflix, the video will play for like 5 seconds and then it stops playing and continously buffers. It also does not load gmail and amazon either. I know the issue is not internet speed/connection also connected via ethernet because...
  3. Computer can't load certain websites Youtube, Netflix, Gmail, Amazon etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer can't load certain websites Youtube, Netflix, Gmail, Amazon etc: When I try to play a video on youtube or netflix, the video will play for like 5 seconds and then it stops playing and continously buffers. It also does not load gmail and amazon either. I know the issue is not internet speed/connection also connected via ethernet because...
  4. Computer can't load certain websites Youtube, Netflix, Gmail, Amazon etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stopping spam from google, youtube, etc.

in Browsers and Email
    Stopping spam from google, youtube, etc.: As some of you have probably noticed, ever since google took over youtube, the website has become increasingly worse, with user friendliness going down while spam, harrasment, popups etc has gone up. So i thought i would make this thread for users who just wants to use the...
  6. Google, Gmail, and Youtube regularly not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google, Gmail, and Youtube regularly not loading: I am absolutely convinced this is a Windows or internet problem, because every other webpage loads fine, none of these work in Microsoft Edge or Firefox, Down Detector doesn't pick up a problem with any of them and I can't contact Google Support because THAT won't load either...
  7. 2/19/20 update stuck on 90%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2/19/20 update stuck on 90%: My computer said updates needed to install. After a whole day it was showing 90% do not turn off. I left and came back today with same screen. turned machine off 4x every time reboot comes back to 90% complete do not turn off on blue screen. What do I do????...
  8. How to block a website in Windows etc/hosts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block a website in Windows etc/hosts?: I want to block a games website from my computer and on the internet, one suggestion was to edit /etc/hosts and put in these rules. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ etc\hosts 127.0.0.1 http://crazygames.com 127.0.0.1 http://www.crazygames.com But it does not work....
  9. Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads: Last year, after hearing from Chrome users, we launched a set of user protections against “abusive experiences” -- experiences designed to intentionally mislead and trick users into taking action on the web. These protections blocked pop-ups and new window requests from sites...
  10. Pin Google, YouTube, or Gmail To Win 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Google, YouTube, or Gmail To Win 10 Taskbar: Forget having to search for a YouTube icon or trying to figure out shortcut editing. *Eek Finally found a much easier way to get the YouTube icon pinned to my PC Taskbar! And not just for Chrome but Edge too in only 5 clicks! *Biggrin Pin Google, YouTube, And Gmail To...