Windows 10: Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.

Discus and support Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm very angry with the way Microsoft has released this new update. I've HP pavillion x360 laptop Specs are as follow: Intel i3 8th gen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chang Lee Yang, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.

I'm very angry with the way Microsoft has released this new update.

I've HP pavillion x360 laptop

Specs are as follow:

Intel i3 8th gen

Nvidia 2gb graphics card

Seagate 1 tb sshd

Synaptic fingerprint sensor

Ok so first of all I had full trust in the automatic update feature and it installed the lastest version of windows.

My laptop was doing fine with the previous version of the window i.e. 1909. But as soon as it gets updated after the restart my laptop screen was black and it remains for 1 whole day like that. I was patient with it thinking it might be doing some installation or adjustment inthe background... But 1 whole day...

I knew something was off but i didn't suspect it was the new update. I thought maybe due to some hardware issue it has become like this. So i tried to scan for any hardware issue with the hp boot recovery options but to my surprise everything came fine.

Now it's been more than a week so i thought to reinstall a new os . But microsoft website only have 2004 udate iso. So again installed the windows LOSING SOME OF MY PRECIOUS DATA, i thought already i can work now but as soon as i connect the wifi..... Automatic update started and when it installed the intro graphics driver ... My screen again went black.....

So the whole process of installing and re installing went for 5-6 times.

I've disabled the windows update through services... And by the way... The pause update option didn't worked. It still downloaded the updates.

Please let me know when the fixes are going to release so that i can start the windows update services and also will the coming update really works? Or is it going to betray me again?

:)

Chang Lee Yang, Jul 31, 2020

2. updating windows 10 causes black screen

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor here to work on your issue. As I understand from the description that you're trying to update the windows to the latest version but it struck at startup with a black screen so In this case, I suggest you do the upgrade
    by following the below steps.

To update Windows 10 to feature pack update 2004 manually

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.

Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup.

1. Windows 10 update 2004 black screen on startup. - Similar Threads - update 2004 black

2. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  3. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  4. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 black screen on startup: Hello,I have HP pavilion x360 laptop, when I turn on my laptop and after the HP logo appears and before Microsoft logo appears,a black screen shows for about 2 minutes or a few less , then the laptop works normally,I tried to delete few updates that installed on the day that...
  6. Update 2004 - Black screen?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 2004 - Black screen?: Hello I was on 190x and decided to update to 2004. After a couple of hours I returned to my desktop and find a black screen? Tried alt/cntrl/delete and no go. So I did a forced power shut down. Can I get some help please? PS I am typing this from my tablet. 170302
  7. Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.

Black screen at startup after windows 10 update.: After the latest windows 10 update, my computer keeps getting a black screen at startup. I have not been able to get past it. It worked perfectly prior to the update. Is there any known way to fix this? Or am I going to have to take some sort of legal matters since...
  8. Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update

Black Screen After Windows 10 2004 Update: Hello. I have done this update recently about 2-3 days ago and i have a problem that i have never seen before. When i start Windows and type in my password my desktop is not loading about 5 mins. Until my desktop shows up i look to a black screen. Is there any other one have...
  9. Black Screen after Update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Update to 2004: Just got a notification on my desktop today to upgrade from 1903 to 2004, and once the pc restarts the screen turns completely black. After restarting numerous times, switching outputs, switching monitors (and also trying dual displays), the screen just keeps staying...
  10. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...