Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Right after Microsoft Update completed installation and machine rebooted. Tried to use the regular Snipping Tool. The screen blanks out then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryLutz2, Aug 20, 2020.

1. GaryLutz2 Win User

Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool

Right after Microsoft Update completed installation and machine rebooted. Tried to use the regular Snipping Tool.

The screen blanks out then reappears with the tool open.

Click on "NEW" and the screen blanks to black then returns with a solid gray screen as an overlay. You can not see anything underneath it. If you arbitrarily select anyplace on the grey screen the snippet is solid black.

Yesterday before the upgrade the tool was working fine.

Now I have to resort going back to Alt + Print Screen to capture screen items and crop them in Paint the old fashion way.

I am NOT a fan of this Windows Update.

:)

GaryLutz2, Aug 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool

Xx Tek Tip xX, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Update 2004 breaks

2. Snipping Tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool in Windows 10: I have been taking screen snips for the past week, viewing them, and then saving them in file explorer. I let the laptop Acer Gaming Laptop go to sleep and upon waking it, I thought I could resume with where I left off and use the snipping tool to take screenshots of my...
  3. SNIPPING TOOL WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WINDOWS 10: The snipping tool I have is: NEW MODE DELAY X CANCEL OPTIONS. The cancel operation is missing. I used it to capture a drop-down menu. Is there an alternative that can be used to capture a drop-down menu? 1 Opened snipping tool 2 Clicked on CANCEL 3 Was then able to...
  4. Snipping tool extremely laggy since updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool extremely laggy since updating to 2004: The snipping tool (win+shift+s) is extremely laggy when dragging the corner. A quick search shows that I'm not the only one with the problem: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/60839/win10-2004-version-screenshot-lags.html But I've not seen this issue...
  5. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  6. Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing: Hello, I recently installed the 2004 update. Everything has been working well until today. I tried to print and the job always appears in the print queue and instantly disappears without actually printing anything. I have a Brother MFC-465CN printer. It has worked without...
  7. Snipping Tool for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snipping Tool for Windows 10: Snipping Tool is in Windows 7 and Snip & Sketch is in Windows 10 What is the procedure to download and install the Windows 7 Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store into Windows 10?...
  8. Windows 10 SNIPPING TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SNIPPING TOOL: When is the snipping tool going to removed and replaced with Snip & Sketch? Anyway that we can have both permanently? I like the Snipping Tool more and rather have that than the Snip & Sketch. what file are needed to keep in order to preserve this one so an update does not...
  9. Windows 10 snipping tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 snipping tool: I have used windows 7 snipping tool with great success. However, with windows 10 the snipping tool comes up and is usable. The only problem is the print preview shows the entire snip it but, doesn't print completely. The right side and bottom will not print. Any...
  10. Snipping Tool in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool in Windows 10: I have an old shortcut to the Snipping Tool and just clicked on it after upgrade. It launches but doesn't seem to be able to save anything any longer. Anyone knows anything about this? 56416