Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to upgrade to version 2004 of Windows 10 for a couple of weeks but every time I go through the process I get a blue screen System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris_Richards79, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys

I've been trying to upgrade to version 2004 of Windows 10 for a couple of weeks but every time I go through the process I get a blue screen System Service Exception for the FLTMGR.sys during the install.

I've had a look at drivers but nothing is out of date or stands out. Has anyone come across this BSOD issue with upgrading to 2004?

:)

Chris_Richards79, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Ldimsch Win User

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop (MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro) to play some games with him (mine is too bad).

As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine.

Yesterday I started the last one (windows 10 version 2004) and today the laptop stops with a BSOD after reaching the desktop.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

cpuz140_x64.sys

I already uninstalled the service pack by starting windows in safe mode and using the control panel, but the BSOD still appears with the same error messages after reaching the desktop.

Any ideas/similar problems/links for a solution or should I just backup an reinstall the whole thing (obviously not the preffered option).

I already uninstalled all sound drivers in safe mode (didn't work) and checked the windows event logs (didn't find anything).

[moved from de-de]

Ldimsch, Sep 5, 2020
  3. wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

interestingkid005140, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys

BSOD During Windows 10 2004 Update

My computer was one of many put on compatibility hold for the Windows 10 2004 update due to old Nvidia drivers. In this case, it's an old laptop (Asus M50VM-A1, state of the art way back in 2008), with a GeForce Go 9600M GS graphics card. The compatibility
    hold was for graphics cards with drivers older than 358.00, and 342.01 is the final driver available for this card.

The compatibility hold was removed on August 13, and I have since tried to upgrade to 2004 without success. Every time I attempt to do so, I receive either a Kernel Security Check Error BSOD, or in one case, error 0x800704C7. The BSOD/error occurs sometime
    after 91% installation completion, and prior to reboot. I have tried the following without success:

• Manually removing the downloaded files to force a redownload
    • DISM and SFC on the current build (1909) - no violations reported
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter
    I have not tried, but am considering trying:

• Reinstalling driver 342.01 (I'm hesitant to as this driver has been installed since January 2016 without issue)
    • Update in Safe Mode with Networking (I'd prefer not to due to Microsoft recommending against)

The BSOD suggests a corrupt system file, but multiple redownloads and SFC seem to exonerate the system. That makes me wonder if the old graphics driver is causing a failure despite Microsoft's comments to the contrary; or, perhaps, the graphics driver is
    corrupt despite being stable for almost 5 years.

I have four minidumps at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjRQX6iM6vWGviYKsPAZysLNO-YL?e=Q2abVP you can view.

As for computer specs, I'm not sure what you need, but here's a synopsis:

Asus M50VM-A1 laptop

Windows 10 Pro 1909

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26 GHz

4 GB RAM + 15GB ReadyBoost (SDHC) (no issues reported on MemCheck)

Nvidia GeForce Go 9600M GS w/ 1GB vRAM (no issues reported on MemCheck)

300 GB HDD @5600 rpm (no issues reported on ScanDisk)

Please let me know if you need additional info or have suggestions. Thank you.

JaredTJohnson, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 BSOD FLTMGR.sys - Similar Threads - Update 2004 BSOD

2. FLTMGR FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FLTMGR FILE SYSTEM: I have an issue with this problem and I don't know how to fix it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fltmgr-file-system/522f1a6a-d7b6-4211-90ae-f7374d43bf94
  3. Bsod fltmgr

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bsod fltmgr: Hello i have bsod fltmgr system thread exception not handled i got this bsod when i install spyshelter i have two operations system so i try remove the driver of spyshelter but seems bsod still appears do i need clean from registry to ?...
  4. Bsod fltmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod fltmgr: Hello i have bsod fltmgr system thread exception not handled i got this bsod when i install spyshelter i have two operations system so i try remove the driver of spyshelter but seems bsod still appears do i need clean from registry to ?...
  5. Bsod fltmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: Hello, I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in sata 0 raid thanks to the system integrated into the motherboard.La carte est équipée d'un kit hyperX 2 x 1 Go de DDR3-SDRAM...
  7. BSOD During Windows 10 2004 Update

BSOD During Windows 10 2004 Update: My computer was one of many put on compatibility hold for the Windows 10 2004 update due to old Nvidia drivers. In this case, it's an old laptop Asus M50VM-A1, state of the art way back in 2008, with a GeForce Go 9600M GS graphics card. The compatibility hold was for...
  8. Update 2004 BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 BSOD: Hey guys, I just discovered I'm still on Win10 1909, therefor checked for new updates. After installing 2004 i got an "inaccessable boot device" BSOD, changes were undone. Second attempt gave Error 0xc1900101, then the update was'nt available anymore. Manual update ended up...
  9. Fltmgr. Sys problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fltmgr. Sys problem: Hlo sir. When i want to start my pc then a blue screen is appear and two options displayed . 1. restart. 2. Advance options But my both input device stop working when they come to this stage. And i don't able to select any options .. Please help me.. Please....
  10. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro to play some games with him mine is too bad. As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine. Yesterday I started the last one windows 10 version 2004 and...