Windows 10: Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app

Discus and support Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I run Windows-10 update 2004. I have an "cmd.exe" app in my desktop, but with update 2004, this app never get the place I assigned to it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClaudeCharest_1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app

Hello,

I run Windows-10 update 2004.

I have an "cmd.exe" app in my desktop, but with update 2004, this app never get the place I assigned to it. It put it in my right corner but if I do "right-Click" in the Desktop and "Refresh", this Tile app move to the lower left end corner ????

Please help and sorry for my French.

:)

ClaudeCharest_1, Jul 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Windows update again with Get Windows 10 app

Well there are a lot of computers where Get Windows 10 doesn't work. Maybe the update was attempting to fix those problems.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 13, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app

1. Windows-10 update 2004 desktop not fixing cmd.exe app - Similar Threads - update 2004 desktop

2. Has windows fixed Update 2004???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has windows fixed Update 2004???: My computer was finally running like a clock again, with no BSOD. However, now the dreaded 2004 install is back. It accidentally got installed after I updated some graphic card drivers. My question: HAVE THE FINALLY FIXED 2004 OR CAN I EXPECT MORE RANDOM BSOD? If not, how...
  3. how to update the Search app on Windows 10 2004

in Cortana
    how to update the Search app on Windows 10 2004: i noticed that the installed version of Search on my pc is build number "2019.10.17.6232201". upon searching different forums, i came across a post that a user mentions his installed version build "2020.02.04.6238073". how come mine is that old and how to force update it?...
  4. AcroRd32.exe not working with Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AcroRd32.exe not working with Windows 10 2004: Our Navision based ERP software has been using a built-in Acrobat Reader for ages. It is really old, as in version 4.05 but the last one that could be used for such purpose without worrying about licensing. With the release of Windows 10 feature update 2004 the application...
  5. windows update 2004 updates fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 2004 updates fix: anyone from Microsoft got any time line to fix 2004 refix too many problems with this upgrade my laptop stuck on 1909 os 18363.720 with failed febuary kb updates which was full off problems windows 10 home i tried many ways to do February updates to no avail i tried...
  6. Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004: after update to 2004, outlook desktop keeps freezing. I uninstall and reinstall the entire Office app but still same thing. I filed the bug on Feedback Hub but looks like there is no fix despite the numbers of report. Anyone else having similar issue or have solution yet? I...
  7. X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X:\windows\system32\cmd. Exe: Bonjour j'ai un problème avec mon pc (un lenovo yoga 300). À la fin d'une mise à jour, j'ai dû redémarrer mon pc et après le redémarrage je tombe sur une page qui me demande de choisir en l'option *Dépannage ou *Éteindre le pc. [IMG] J'ai donc essayé l'option dépannage:...
  8. uninstall exe. on windows 10 desktop pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    uninstall exe. on windows 10 desktop pc: I have a new windows 10 HP desktop. I was going to uninstall a program on it for the first time. I was surprised when the pop-up for administrator approval said that the publisher was "unknown" on the uninstall exe. on my pc. Why would it say that and how can that be?...
  9. Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana: Cortana seems to be highly hesitant to search for .exe files. Some files don't appear at all, even though I have manually added them to the search index. Other files appear, but then after a second or two disappear from the results and get replaced with a recommendation to do...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...