Windows 10: Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up

Discus and support Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded update 2004 on one of my computers. It went through all the steps, I think, but it got hung up at the screen with the windows 10 icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnK_580, Jul 27, 2020.

1. JohnK_580 Win User

Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up

I downloaded update 2004 on one of my computers. It went through all the steps, I think, but it got hung up at the screen with the windows 10 icon on a black screen. Please let me know how to get this un-hung ASAP. I am an Assure customer.

John Ketterl

:)

JohnK_580, Jul 27, 2020
  2. ChaphtTee Win User

Windows 10 Pro Ed hung up

My Windows 10 hung up after patching!!!

Attempted to boot up Safe Mode unsuccessfully via the following steps:

• Ensure your PC is off.
    • Press the power button to turn on your PC, then hold the power button down until PC shuts down automatically (about 5 seconds) . Repeat this more than 2 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair (see below screenshot).
    Gratefully, can someone offers me assistance for getting my Windows 10 up and running??? Thanks

ChaphtTee, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up

OldNavyGuy, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up

1. Windows 10 update 2004 Hung up - Similar Threads - update 2004 Hung

2. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  3. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  4. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hung Update Windows 10

Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  6. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hung Update Windows 10: After more then 16 hours my computer is stuck in update mode. Trying to boot into safe mode to abort the update seem to fail. At this point the computer is useless.What steps do I need to do to end this madness and get my system back?It's at 38% and rebooting always hangs me...
  7. Hung Update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 reset is hung up

Windows 10 reset is hung up: Going through the reset process to install Windows 10 from the Cloud. Everything seemed fine until the display got to "Resetting this PC 74%" It has hung up there. What should I do?...
  9. windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours

windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours: My windows 10 update to a new supported version hung up at 90% for many hours. I finally killed the update with a hard reboot. What would you recommend?...
  10. System Restore stuck or hung up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore stuck or hung up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If System Restore stuck or hung up on Initializing restoring the Registry in Windows 10, then here’s what you need to do to get out of the mess. The first advice in case of System Restore taking a long time [...] This post System Restore stuck or hung up in...