Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I press Shutdown button my computer restarts after update 2004. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Motherrboard: Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha CPU: Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Panos9ball, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer

When I press Shutdown button my computer restarts after update 2004.
    Windows 10 Pro Version 2004
    Motherrboard: Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha
    CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1920x
    Memory: 32

Graphics: Zotac RTX 2060

:)

Panos9ball, Oct 18, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 2004 update fails to install - Memory Management?

1. Go here
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...px?q=KB4576751
    check on installed updates in your computer that you have the latest servicing stack for - presumably 1909

If not download and install from the catalogue link - 64based update - second on list.

2. Then try update to 2004 after complete shutdown
    Step 1: Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

OR as you may know a restart is a complete shutdown.

IF the 2004 update is offered on updates as the item - feature update to 2004 when you are ready etc.
    The make sure beforte you click that - that you have clicked search for updates and install all - before trying 2004.

If that does not work clean boot it and then try the update
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    please follow the instructions carefully

Macboatmaster, Oct 18, 2020
  4. kwgagel Win User

Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer

Windows 10 2004 update fails to install - Memory Management?

No, actually I did the move from D drive to C drive when the machine was still Windows 7. It only has one storage space and that is the 2TB NvME which is configured only as C drive for the OS and all user files. Here's a screen shot of all the locations of all my user files:

Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but the patch is allready installed and these suggestions for installing the update didn't work.

kwgagel, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 Problem: Shutdown button makes Restart my computer - Similar Threads - Update 2004 Problem

2. Lots of problems with my computer e.g Cannot restart or shutdown computer from windows,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of problems with my computer e.g Cannot restart or shutdown computer from windows,...: System Specs:Windows 11 64 BitRyzen 5 3400G Processor32 GB RAM1050 tiGIGABYTE AB350M-DS3H V2For a while now ive had problems with my computer where i couldnt shut off or restard my pc from windows and had to do it manually. This is not so bad but when it comes to windows...
  3. Lots of problems with my computer e.g Cannot restart or shutdown computer from windows,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of problems with my computer e.g Cannot restart or shutdown computer from windows,...: System Specs:Windows 11 64 BitRyzen 5 3400G Processor32 GB RAM1050 tiGIGABYTE AB350M-DS3H V2For a while now ive had problems with my computer where i couldnt shut off or restard my pc from windows and had to do it manually. This is not so bad but when it comes to windows...
  4. Shutdown and Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown and Restart Problem: I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the...
  5. Shutdown and Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and Restart Problem: I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the...
  6. Windows 2004 memory error on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 2004 memory error on shutdown and restart: I have a Dell Inspiron 5680. It has windows in 2004. I can't rollback. some times when I restart or shutdown, it causes a BSOD. It only happens then. It only started with windows in 2004. I have run every test possible and all lead to my memory is ok, so what gives?...
  7. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.: At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the keyboard or mouse button does nothing. It's not any kind of sleep because I have disabled those. I have also disable fast...
  8. Windows 10 2004 make my button huge!!!!! Need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 make my button huge!!!!! Need help: Hello Everyone!!!! Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? After I update to Windows 10 2004, the application in my laptop has a huge button and a huge box which is very annoying and I look at the size of the display and the size of the button but everything seems normal....
  9. [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [2004] Update and shutdown now restarts the computer to finish the update process before...: I've seen this rant quite a bit. Looks like Microsoft listened. You no longer need to wait for updates to finish after booting a computer from shutdown. submitted by /u/Scurro [link] [comments]...
  10. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....