Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 2004 - Problems with Network Shares and Windows Explorer accepts every...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 2004 - Problems with Network Shares and Windows Explorer accepts every... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Community, after the 2004 update I'm not able to see my shares with my user. No security options were changed and from a different PC I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HN-IT, Sep 29, 2020.

1. HN-IT Win User

Windows 10 Update 2004 - Problems with Network Shares and Windows Explorer accepts every...

Hello Community,

after the 2004 update I'm not able to see my shares with my user. No security options were changed and from a different PC I can see every share.

Example:

\\Server01 No Share ist listed but there are different Shares, I can access to this if I write \\server01\share1

If I try to access \\10.10.1.300 <-- 300! I get the Message, "This folder ist empty" but I don't get an error that this address is not correct or can not find it, the same case if I write \\fdgfdgfdgfdgd <--

Any idea?

Thanks!

:)

HN-IT, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Update 2004 - Problems with Network Shares and Windows Explorer accepts every...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 - Problems with Network Shares and Windows Explorer accepts every... - Similar Threads - Update 2004 Problems

2. Update Problem Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Problem Windows 10 2004: Hi Community! I have a problem with the updates. When I click update it says Cannot connect to the update server. May I know why is this happening? Is there a workaround anyway? Sorry for my bad english as this is not my native language. Shukraan lakum!...
  3. Problem updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem updating to Windows 10 2004: When i try to update from Update Center it all goes right until the machine starts rebooting and it freezes after the first reboot and it remains on a black screen after seeing the logo boot. Anyone had these problem? And should I add some other informations to my question?...
  4. Windows 10 2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update problem: The last weeks i am trying to update to Windows 10 2004. Current version is Windows 10 1909 Enterprise The problem is it keeps reverting the update because something went wrong. setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkoYG9N1rhczmSCqzamgGVsKy-0L?e=IlGtjd setupact.log...
  5. Windows 10 2004 Problems when accessing network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004 Problems when accessing network shares: Two of the computers of my network has been having issues with accessing to network shares since been updated to Windows 10 2004. I had to rollback to 1909 and they work fine, but after a while the update installs again and my users cannot work with my network. Today I have...
  6. windows 10 2004 problem with explorer. Solved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 2004 problem with explorer. Solved: Hello! I've just updated to windows 10 2004 64 bit. system is installed on SSD. After starting PC try to launch explorer. And it started after 15 minutes. So i try to start PS-admin shell, through clicking RMB on start button. And same problem. Try to open context menu on...
  7. windows 10 2004 problem with explorer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 2004 problem with explorer.: Hello! I've just updated to windows 10 2004 64 bit. system is installed on SSD. After starting PC try to launch explorer. And it started after 15 minutes. So i try to start PS-admin shell, through clicking RMB on start button. And same problem. Try to open context menu on...
  8. Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.: Hello, I seem to not be able to connect to any shares on my local network immediately after the 2004 update. I get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.100". The share in question is a samba share on an Ubuntu Server PC which I can access just fine through my laptop which is...
  9. Windows network sharing problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows network sharing problems: I am running 5 computers (2 of which are laptops) are having serious problems connecting and seeing each other The names of the computers are: ENDERPC, ENDERLAPTOP, MASTER, TATA, KOTKA (laptop) ENDERPC can see everyone but can only access ENDERLAPTOP ENDERLAPTOP can see...
  10. Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems

Windows 10 networking/file sharing problems: I recently upgraded a couple of computers on my network that were running Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also had another computer running Windows 7 replaced with a new computer running Windows 10. I have 5 computers total on my home wired network. One computer runs Windows 10...