Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kelly Craven, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

1. It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state.
    2. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use"
    3. The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use.
    4. After coming out of Sleep the machine appear to be in near soft hang, or is running so slow that it takes 15-30 minutes for an app to simply start up, if it will start at all.
    5. Some apps pop a window, flash and exit, leaving the process running, stranded.
    6. Stranded running processed can't be killed in Task Manager
    7. Task Manager won't always start, or takes a long time to get going.
    8. The screen is black after attempting to come out of Sleep sometimes.
    9. The Screen will go black while doing NOTHING sometimes.
    10. WinKey+Shift+CTRL+B to restart the windows drivers does nothing when in this state.
    11. Chrome Browser will not start, yet multiple instances show up in Task Manager from a single click on the taskbar to stat it.
    12. It acts like the CPU is pegged, and even when the hard drive isn't spinning and there is no network activity - when all are idling..
    13. The ONLY workaround, reboot, doesn't work to avoid the issues most of the time.
    14. That only workaround is to hard reboot the machine - Unplug, pull the battery, wait a few minutes, start up.
    15. If it doesn't work, reboot again.
    16. This cold reboot takes 10 to 30 minutes before the log on screen is available.
    17. THEN the 20-30 minutes wait before it's usable.
    18. This is 100% consistant since the first time logging in after the update.

Windows Update 2004 took 12 hours to complete before being able to log on.

HP Envy Laptop, 16G RAM

RUNNING SYSTEM RESTORE NOW.

WU 2004 needs to be pulled. It is unusable.

I AM PISSED

:)

Kelly Craven, Jun 9, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop - Similar Threads - Update 2004 Ruined

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. 2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 update ruined my Lenovo laptop: The recent Windows 10 2004 feature update I installed in June 2020 has wrecked my Lenovo laptop. I'm constantly getting blue screens of death, thus making the system inoperable. Apparently this is a common issue. I have lots of programs that I don't want to reinstall, so I...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop: Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning. After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it....
  6. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  7. Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely

Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 i7 Laptop which was working very well until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest 1903 version. I had to switch to Ubuntu LTS to save my Laptop from further damage. Problems I am facing right after 1903 update: 1. The USB ports malfunctioned. 2...
  8. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....
  10. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...