Windows 10: Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner.

Discus and support Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings. Since my computer upgraded to Windows 10 update 2004 build 19041, I get an error using the scanner on my Brother MFC-7840W. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SJD_UK, Oct 7, 2020.

1. SJD_UK Win User

Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner.

Greetings. Since my computer upgraded to Windows 10 update 2004 build 19041, I get an error using the scanner on my Brother MFC-7840W. Some incompatibility between the OS and the driver has been introduced. Has anyone else run into similar problems? It was working fine with build 18363. Many thanks! Sean

:)

SJD_UK, Oct 7, 2020
  2. TimLowell Win User

Brother driver update for Brother MFC-7840W

Windows Update (Windows 10) keeps installing this "update" repeatedly:

Brother driver update for Brother MFC-7840W

Usually it succeeds, but other times it fails and I get a notice in my Action Center. It's been doing this as far back as the Update History goes, 8/22/15.

The Brother web site does not indicate any driver updates for this model since 2010.

Any ideas?

TimLowell, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N

I have now HP laptop with windows 10 home. It does not allow me to scan from my printer Brother MFC 8460N. Previously I could scan from windows 7.Need updated driver. Brother wont provide driver for scanner on MFC 8460N or no support.

However Brother MFC 8460N can print from windows 10. dont know how to fix the scanner driver for windows 10

satyavadlamuri, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner.

brother MFC model DCP7030 scanner not compatable in windows10

i have trying to install Brother MFC model DCP-7030 in my ne windows laptop. windows upgraded to Anniversary addition.

the printer in the device is working but the scanner is not communicating. the driver suggested by Brother is installed but error continues.

Dayal Dass, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner.

1. Windows 10 update 2004 won't work with Brother MFC-7840W scanner. - Similar Threads - update 2004 won't

2. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  3. Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer & Scanner MFC-J6510DW: My Brothers printer and scanner No. MFC-J6510DW. I am able to print a document but not able to scan a document. This is a new laptop which does not show the scan function. How do I get this to work?...
  4. Is there a solution for Brother MFC scanners working with WIndows 11 over LAN?

Is there a solution for Brother MFC scanners working with WIndows 11 over LAN?: My HP Envy laptop needs to be plugged into a local USB to use my Brother MFC5895 CW scanner. Are there drivers that can be installed to use the MFC scanner functionality over LAN? Or will I lose my ability to use a networked scanner when my other systems get upgraded to...
  5. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  6. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working: I am running windows 10 and have a Brother MFC L6800 printer/scanner. I have scanned many things on this computer last week. Today it says connect a scanner to get started. I'm using the windows scan app from the Microsoft store. In my settings it says it is connected for...
  7. Brother MFC L6800 Scanner not working

8. Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10

Using Brother MFC-J6510DW scanner on Windows 10: I have used this printer and scanner for over a year but it no longer recognises the scanner as present. I have attempted to reinstall the Brother drivers several times but it fails to work. Any advice....
  9. Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10

Brother MFC 7820N Printer Scanner no longer works in Windows 10: Thank You Microsoft, You once again made my life hell by altering your operating system so that it no longer supports my printer/scanners drivers. And there is apparently NO workaround. So now I can print to it - but not scan documents. Thanks. And after spending hours and...
  10. Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N

Windows 10 does not allow scanner on Brother MFC 8460N: I have now HP laptop with windows 10 home. It does not allow me to scan from my printer Brother MFC 8460N. Previously I could scan from windows 7.Need updated driver. Brother wont provide driver for scanner on MFC 8460N or no support. However Brother MFC 8460N can print from...