Windows 10: Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates...

Discus and support Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop these updates from constantly popping up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MITMacro, May 4, 2021.

1. MITMacro Win User

Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates...

Is there a way to stop these updates from constantly popping up?

:)

MITMacro, May 4, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 4, 2021
  3. Update Realtemp

For example it doesn't have support for the modern CPUs , mine has 6 cores and doesn't list all the temperatures. It also may need to be updated for Windows 10 Fall creator's update.

Harespok1974, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates...

Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates... xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates... rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates... kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates...

1. Windows 10 update 2009 HP update and other old printer updates appear constantly in updates... - Similar Threads - update 2009 update

2. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  3. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  4. HP Printers Constantly Going Offline After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printers Constantly Going Offline After Windows Update: I am leaning towards this being a recent Windows update issue since Windows is now frequently identifying any of my HP printers as "offline" even when the HP Smart App is still able to see them. Specifically, I go to print, nothing happens, but opening the printer's queue...
  5. Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update for canon printer on windows update keeps appearing: After 20H2 windows keep offering to install canon printer which 2018 version in windows update.. it's weird. please someone can help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-canon-printer-on-windows-update-keeps/be3bf2b1-ca7b-4a55-baa6-581091e9d861
  6. can't update to 2009

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't update to 2009: I have problems while trying to upgrade my computer from 2004 version to 20h2 updae ■At 27-5 when 2004 Update was released it was shown immediately on my pc i tried to update to it from 1909 version and everytime i tried to update it would reach 60% then returns to 57% and...
  7. windows 10 update 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 2009: i want to update my windows 10 ver 2004 into 2009 october update through windows 10 update assistant. since my mobile data is limited so i want to know the size of the update as how much data will it consume???...
  8. Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update

Hp Printer Drivers- Windows 10 Update: Tried to print photos for the first time in over a month. It failed. Device manager indicates no drivers for the hp printer which I can only assume is due to a windows 10 update as I have two machines and both provide the same information. Tried removing all hp software and...
  9. Why is this update constantly appearing in Windows Update

Why is this update constantly appearing in Windows Update: Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 Every time I start my Laptop this update is waiting to be installed. Despite doing so each time it appears in updates. Also I downloaded this update from MS and installed and yet the update still appears on start-up....
  10. Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b3 for HP 2009 LCD Display

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b3 for HP 2009 LCD Display: My desktop has been having this error on a Windows Update for the HP 2009m LCD display for a week now. One other Windows Update took a few days to get right, an AMD update which also kept failing to install. I have Googled the number 0x800705b3 in vain trying to interpolate...