Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This evening my laptop installed a feature update to Windows 10 - 20H2. Upon restarting and launching Outlook 2019, it appeared to start like a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeOrlando02, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone

This evening my laptop installed a feature update to Windows 10 - 20H2. Upon restarting and launching Outlook 2019, it appeared to start like a new install of outlook. I use outlook.com for my personal email and it already had my email address entered and I clicked next. When Outlook 2019 loaded most of my mail folders were gone and an empty inbox.

Upon further investigation. My PST data file looks intact. What appears to have happened is that my mail profile was modified or reset. I lost my three POP3 email accounts including my outlook.com that downloaded mail into my PST data file. Instead, it is opening my outlook.com as a Microsoft Exchange file to a OST data file and no longer opening my PST data file.

I am not sure if there is a faster way to fix what this update broke. I think I need to close this new OST data file, open my original PST data file and then re-create my email accounts in outlook.

I have never had a Windows Update mess with my Outlook email like this.

:)

MikeOrlando02, Mar 9, 2021
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Mar 9, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Eaglepi Win User

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone

Is there a free email client for desktop use

I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web mail. Is there a free email client that works with windows 10?

Eaglepi, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone

1. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Outlook Desktop Client Email Accounts Gone - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 Outlook

2. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  3. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  4. My Outlook email are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Outlook email are gone: My Outlook emails have all disappeared, along with all contacts, emails, attachments, etc. What gives? Don't email me, I won't get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-email-are-gone/3be89a95-ebb6-493e-8b89-3e373cf1fa74
  5. CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL: CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL CANT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-error-on-my-outlook-email/7ec41646-cfd3-4e9a-952e-6fd37a70be0e
  6. Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -

Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -: outlook 2010 has been working fine for years. Had to change AT&T password last night and now Outlook 2010 emails are not dropping down. I can get emails on my phone and at the ATT website but outlook won't configure? Am using POP3 and using Inbound.att.net and...
  7. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  8. outlook client checking desktop shortcuts

outlook client checking desktop shortcuts: When I launch outlook client from the start menu, it seems to scan my desktop folder and report missing shortcuts. Why? Can this be stopped? Launching outlook 365 from a browser doesn't have this problem. Error message: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut...
  9. After windows update thunderbird email client was GONE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update thunderbird email client was GONE: After windows update my thunderbird email client (and all the emails on the client for various accounts went completely away. As in, can't find it with a search. Thanks, Microsoft. Any suggestions?...
  10. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...