Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck Failing at 61%, 100%, 99% Conversation

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck Failing at 61%, 100%, 99% Conversation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just a novice however, I managed to successfully update to 20H2 from 1909 after facing some problems. Stuck at 61%. Seems like a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ACDeene, Mar 7, 2021.

1. ACDeene Win User

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck Failing at 61%, 100%, 99% Conversation

Hi,

I'm just a novice however, I managed to successfully update to 20H2 from 1909 after facing some problems. Stuck at 61%.

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issues and are finding that they are related to Conexant/Synaptics Audio Drivers.

I attempted to update the normal way via settings and updates however it was stuck at 61% Installation.

What I did was uninstall all audio driver related programs Bose App, Sennheiser App etc. and then uninstalled the Conexant HD Audio drivers and Intel Display Audio drivers from Device Manager.

Then I turned Wifi off. And made sure that the computer would not connect to the internet after a restart.

Then I went back to settings with wifi off and drivers uninstalled. The update went past 61% and completed. It then asked me to restart then completed the update.

Good Luck!

P.S. I used this for help:

"I finally managed to crack it! I am now running 20H2 on my HP ZBook Studio G3!

The problem are those pesky Synaptics/Conexant audio drivers. But lets start from the beginning:

Running HP Support Assistant yielded no updates.

Running HP Image Assistant only reported those faulty update packages I mentioned earlier which doesn't update anything when run:

· HP Support Assistant

· Synaptics WBF Fingerprint Driver

· Intel NIC Driver

So no real updates there.

BUT when I manually compared the driver version of "Conexant ISST Audio" in device manager compared with the version sitting on the drivers download page for my computer, they were different. The drivers download page says that SP109031 https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-studio-g3-mobile-workstation/893... contains version 10.0.3690.0.

So I manually downloaded and installed it, but property page in Device Manager now reports 9.0.232.70, not 10.0.3690.0, but still it was different from before. Feels like the quality of drivers and their versioning is far from great .

So tried running Windows Update again but still got stuck at 61%.

So I dug deeper into the logs of Windows Update and saw the last thing it mentioned before getting stuck was "HP Dock Audio". I use the "HP ZBook Dock with ThunderBolt 3" and it turns out that it also uses a Synaptics/Conexant audio driver, only device is rebranded as HP Dock Audio. I had driver version 1.31.36.37 installed seen on Property Page in Device Manager, and it's from 2019-11-21 and I've had that for a long time, and a newer version can't be found at the HP drivers download page for that product. Neither could it find an update when trying to run "Update driver" on the property page in Device Manager.

So in device manager, I instead right-clicked "HP Dock Audio" and clicked "Uninstall device", and made sure to select the "Uninstall drivers" option that is presented next. Then before rebooting, unplugged the dock connector in my case the multi-cable with both charging and the USB-C connector, and instead connected only the charger/power supply.

After a reboot I ran the Windows Update again, and now it got passed 61% and after more than 1 hour it finished the feature upgrade to 20H2 I had 1909 before upgrade.

When I then plugged in the dock, after the finished upgrade, Windows suddenly decides to install another driver for the HP Dock audio device, a Microsoft driver which seems to be a generic USB Audio driver. But it works. Looks like HP+Synaptics didn't do their part so Microsoft stepped up and did the work for them.

So problem was probably the two Conexant drivers - Both the Conexant ISST Audio device for built-in audio, and the HP Dock Audio device for the HP Thunderbolt dock.

Hope this can help someone else as well!

And if someone at HP is reading this - shame on you for not providing a fix for this!

And if someone at Microsoft is reading this - why haven't you provided a workaround for this or published information on how to do it. And publicly shamed HP+Synaptics for this mess. This problem has been with us for about a year since it also faulted the 2004 feature update already insider builds."

:)

ACDeene, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Tamimzzz Win User
    Windows 10 Updates stuck at 99% and SkypeSetup.exe fails to download.

Having trouble in doing the Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade, as the ISO file is also stuck on downloading in its half way. I even tried Media Creation Tool. That also stuck on downloading.
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck Failing at 61%, 100%, 99% Conversation [​IMG]
    I Have done the SFC, DISM, Icon Catch Rebuild in Windows 10. Sending you the screen shots.

Tamimzzz, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Tamimzzz Win User

Windows 10 Updates stuck at 99% and SkypeSetup.exe fails to download.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have done the recommended option for the SFC command just now.

It did not find any problem.
    I restarted my computer and I still have the same problem with the updates.
    I am giving the screenshots of the SFC command and followed by the Windows Updates .

Tamimzzz, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck Failing at 61%, 100%, 99% Conversation - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 Stuck

2. Windows 20h2 installation stuck at 61% for months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20h2 installation stuck at 61% for months: Hi!I can not get through with the installation of Windows 10 20H2 version. It keeps getting stuck at 61%.I'm enable to contact support due to the "you are not the owner of the case" issue.Any suggestion that might help?Thanks...
  3. Windows 20h2 installation stuck at 61% for months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 20h2 installation stuck at 61% for months: Hi!I can not get through with the installation of Windows 10 20H2 version. It keeps getting stuck at 61%.I'm enable to contact support due to the "you are not the owner of the case" issue.Any suggestion that might help?Thanks...
  4. Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%: After 4 hours of waiting the upgrade from version 1909 to 20H2 is stuck at "Getting things ready 99%" - after several downloads and installing operation. How long do I wait? Can I reboot via the power switch and see if that clears it. Any other options? Can I go back to 1909...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Update Stuck at 61%

Windows 10 20H2 Update Stuck at 61%: I have tried removing the windows update to get the Kyocera printer to start printing, but it wont even let me do that.I have also tried running it through command prompt, starting in safe mode, leaving it on all night to run, took down the firewall to update.None of these...
  6. Windows 10 20h2 stuck at 61

Windows 10 20h2 stuck at 61: Hi.I am running windows v1909 now and my update to 20h2 keeps getting stuck at 61%.Error code is 0x8024000bMy conexant audio driver is v8.66.52.52.Read that we can try replacing conexant with "High Definition Audio Driver" but when i do that, I get a pop-up from windows...
  7. Windows 10 version 20H2 update stuck at 61%?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version 20H2 update stuck at 61%?: [ATTACH] As the title says, my windows update gets stuck at 61%. Does anyone know how to fix it? https://preview.redd.it/vjbqsb3hzbu61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=7af87d5ed9dc6733e8d1288852d87429938abb1c submitted by /u/Ever_Love332 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 version 20h2 installing stuck at 61%

Windows 10 version 20h2 installing stuck at 61%: Hi, I am not able to update my system to windows 10 version 20h2. The installation system is getting stuck at 61%. I have tried multiple times, I also tried with MediaCreationTool20H2 also and referred to the forum for troubleshooting. But unfortunately no success so far....
  9. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck and Failing at 61%

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Stuck and Failing at 61%: Hi, I managed to successfully update to 20H2 from 1909, on my Asus Laptop, after facing some problems. It seems like a lot of people are having the same issues and are finding that they are related to Conexant/Synaptics Audio Drivers. I attempted to update the normal...
  10. windows update to 20h2 stuck on 61% installing

windows update to 20h2 stuck on 61% installing: i tried everything to update to the latest windows 10 update, but constantly errors. have tried so search the error code on the internet, but nothing worked so far. the computer tried every day to update itself but is stuck on the 61% installing. its for months now....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window ssruck at 61%

2. windows 10 20h2 stuck at 61

3. windows 20h2 stuck at 61

4. Feature update windows 10 stuck installing 61%,
  5. windows 10 20h2 install stuck at 61,
  6. windows 10 20h2 stuck