Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i've been trying to update my laptop for a few months now, and every time I try to update once the system is checking that everything is "ready" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsaacRHZG, Mar 21, 2021.

1. IsaacRHZG Win User

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

So i've been trying to update my laptop for a few months now, and every time I try to update once the system is checking that everything is "ready" to continue with the installation, the installation stops, giving me this message "What needs your attention... VirtualBox Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10. So obviously I went to Control Panel to uninstall this program, and wouldn't you know it, it's not there, I'm not really interested in the update, I just find it annoying that my computer seems to always want to remind me. I have tried many options to try to fix this issue even using my CMD and I just ran into some barriers that stopped me because I wasn't allowed authorization although I did run the program as admin. If someone could help me with this Issue that would be amazing. Thanks in advance. :

:)

IsaacRHZG, Mar 21, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

1. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 Won't

2. Windows 10 Won't Update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Update to 20H2: I am trying to update to Windows 10 version 20H2 but every time I hit "Check for Updates" in the settings, it says I am up to date.Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-update-to-20h2/4194da92-7f8c-4730-a16f-66fc54a32971
  3. Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.

Windows 10, version 20H2 update... Can't uninstall Virtualbox.: Hello, I'm trying to update Windows 10, version 20H2 but when I run the update, it installs to 35% then I get the following message:"What needs your attention" and it tells me to Manually uninstall VirtualBox.I previously had an emulator installed, but uninstalled it long...
  4. Cannot Update to new Windows 10 20H2, because of virtualbox issue.

Cannot Update to new Windows 10 20H2, because of virtualbox issue.: I know a lot of threads already posted about this topic, but I want to show about my problem, I already uninstalled LDplayer in my system but still it leaves a folder that cannot be deleted, tried all possible ways but still no progress. [IMG][IMG]...
  5. Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox

Windows won't update beacuse of virtualbox: I'm trying to update Windows but it's telling me I have to remove virtualbox. I don't have virtualbox installed but I had a couple apps that uses virtulization, those apps are bluestacks and nox. I uninstalled both apps but it still thinks virtualbox is installed. I even...
  6. Window Update 20H2 VirtualBox Problem

Window Update 20H2 VirtualBox Problem: Hello, I am currently updating 20H2 but running into technical difficulties when comes to installing it. It is prompting that I have to manually uninstall VirtualBox but I have no recollection of ever downloading it. My attempts to fix were to restart my computer and...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 update error due to VirtualBox Uninstall this app because it is not...

Windows 10 20H2 update error due to VirtualBox Uninstall this app because it is not...: I can't do the windows 10 20H2 update due to an app called VirtualBox by Oracle that is followed by a statement tells me to delete it to continue the update because this app is not compatible with windows I searched everywhere in the computer I can't find it neither in the...
  8. cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled

cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled: i have problem here i cant update to windows 20H2 because of this virtual box. i have try the solution on the page Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.” i saw 23 file but i cant find any of them have true value on the step 4....
  9. Cant install update because of VirtualBox

Cant install update because of VirtualBox: I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches online thru my registry and I have none of the folders related to it at all, so I cant update. I have tried restarting,...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?: This started about 3 updates of Windows 10 Insider Preview. I try to update and it downloads and tried to install. Always gets to 35% and it complains about Virtual Box. It suggests to manually uninstall. I don't even remember of having VirtualBox on this machine, but OK. I...