Windows 10: Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2

Discus and support Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello to the Microsoft Community!This is my second post about the installation the 21H1 release. I have explained in my first post the tremendous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pascal-Garin, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2

Hello to the Microsoft Community!This is my second post about the installation the 21H1 release. I have explained in my first post the tremendous problems that I have encountered with the installation and the communication infrastructure, which simply does not work.This post is about the display of images and their thumbnails. One again, everything was working perfectly in the 20H2 release, and it is regrettable that Microsoft made this catastrophic update.I have basically three problem with thumbnails since the installation of the 21H1 update:The thumbnail cache is deleted almost every day s

:)

Pascal-Garin, Jun 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Disk Optimisation post update from Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to update storage controller drivers.

• Install the latest storage controller driver.
    • Go to Device Manager > Storage Controllers, right clicked on the listed drivers and select
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2

1. Windows 10 - Update 21H1: Post #2 - Similar Threads - Update 21H1 Post

2. Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1: Hello. Please help me.My Windows 10 version 2004 is not updating to The latest Windows 10.The troubleshooter is not working. Please help me.Any replies, reply. If you have the same question then follow the answer....
  3. Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1: Hello. Please help me.My Windows 10 version 2004 is not updating to The latest Windows 10.The troubleshooter is not working. Please help me.Any replies, reply. If you have the same question then follow the answer....
  4. Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Update 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update 21H1: I am being prompted to download 21H1 again thought Windows Update. I installed it successfully on 6.16.2021. Prior to this prompt to install again, I was receiving an error while trying to download a cumulative update. Unfortunately, I cannot tell which cumulative update it...
  6. Windows 10 Update 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update 21H1: I am being prompted to download 21H1 again thought Windows Update. I installed it successfully on 6.16.2021. Prior to this prompt to install again, I was receiving an error while trying to download a cumulative update. Unfortunately, I cannot tell which cumulative update it...
  7. Windows 10 Update 21H1

8. Windows 10 update 21h1

Windows 10 update 21h1: During my Windows 10 update 21h1 my system rebooted and went to a black screen without loading into the UEIF and did not come back online. My computer will not post and no beep codes can be heard. I have looked around on several forums for insight into this issue but all...
  9. updating to Windows 10 21h1

updating to Windows 10 21h1: hi Microsoft:I actually used the enablement to update to Windows 10 21h1. I uninstalled the enablement. Now, I want to know, will that prevent me from getting the Windows 10 21h1 via Windows update? How long will it take for me to receive it?...
  10. Windows 10 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 21H1 update: [ATTACH] I got the preview of the Windows 10 21H1 update but I lost the weather and news widget which came with the previous update and I didn't get the mark of the preview on the right bottom corner. And I would like to know what else are the the cool feathers in this...