Windows 10: Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

Discus and support Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobClevenger, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on the screen said something like "Schedule Restart or Restart now" so I selected the "Restart Now" option and my computer began the reboot process. After a short while I got an orange screen with a sideways sad face on it saying that something went wrong and that "we will reatart for you." At this point my computer began the reboot prrocess again. Things proceeded "normally" until the screen reverted to black with a Windows logo and circling dots. I left it to do its thing and I went off to do mine. When I returned some hours later I still had a black screen with the Windows logo but no circling dots. At this point I am beginning to get angry. I shut off power and then re-applied it. Same ****, different hour. I cycled power again and after beginning the boot process my computer informed me that it had failed to boot after several tries! Gee, thanks, Microsoft, I would have never figured that out on my own! Now I am presented with a menu of (very few) options: Try again -- DUH, what have I BEEN doing?; f8 for startup options; f9 for boot from another (non-existent) OS. I think that was all. The f8 option gives me a aomewhat larger menu. I have tried "Safe Mode"; "Safe Mode with networking; "Boot Logging; and I think one other. Not ONE of them successfully booted into anything at all.
    PLEASE do not suggest that I do anything that requires my computer to boot up as the whole problem is that it will NOT boot up. GOT THAT?

So how do I fix this? I do not have installation media since this Win 10 installation was via the Update process.

Very unhappy and angry,

:)

BobClevenger, Sep 6, 2018
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

1. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop. - Similar Threads - Update Sept 2018

2. Windows update killed my laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  3. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  4. win 10 sept 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 sept 2018 update: win 10 sept 2018 update AGAIN 3 TIMES YOU DO UPDATE AND SCREW UP SOUND DRIVERS, THIS TIME YOU REMOVED THEM IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO A PROPER UPDATE THEN LEAVE ALONE AS MY LAPTOP NOW WITH YOUR POXY WIN10 NOT FIT FOR PORPOSE SHOULD GIVE REFUND TO ALL...
  5. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update: Prior to the September 2018 Windows 10 updates I never had a single problem with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home. Since the auto download and installation of the Windows 10 September updates I have had the following problems: ~ On Sept 12 I woke up to a...
  6. August 2018 windows 10 update killed my laptop

August 2018 windows 10 update killed my laptop: the laptop I am using is an Asus Rog gaming laptop with windows 10 home installed on it. I am also apart of the windows insider program. Microsoft if you keep on this path of creating updates to kill people's laptops and computers, you are eventually going to loose your...
  7. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....
  8. July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi: I updated Windows on my HP Envy 14 Notebook (product ID# J9L59US#ABA) yesterday, July 10, 2018. After the update was installed I shut down, and when I booted up this morning, I had no Wifi. Not that I couldn't connect to a network. WiFi is no longer an option on my laptop....
  9. laptop not responding after 3/2018 Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    laptop not responding after 3/2018 Windows 10 updates: Chrome won't load. It opens but just keeps showing "Loading ... ." When I click on Start/Settings, the Settings box opens but nothing in it. When I open Task Manager a blank gray window opens. Just to name a few ... Last night after 3 forced shutdowns and then...
  10. MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection: I woke up and turned the computer on and there was no internet connection. Similar second machine not affected (hence, I can post here). Looking through network settings, my normal Ethernet interface seems to have lost it's settings. It is now an unidentified network. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I did a Windows update and Wi-Fi is no longer showing on my laptop 2018

2. acer xc-705 boot problem after 1803

3. windows update sep 2018 laptops

4. windows update problem sept 2018