Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my windows account on my dell laptop and then after that a message box appeared there's this options sayin to sign out or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nicole AnneSoriano, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Account

Hi,

I just updated my windows account on my dell laptop and then after that a message box appeared there's this options sayin to sign out or dismiss, I accidentallt clicked dismiss and now I can't get my old desktop back, all my files are in there. It was 4 years of hardwork and I badly need to get it back.

Thank you.

:)

Nicole AnneSoriano, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Update Account :(

Zakin, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Update Account

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Account

1. Windows 10 Update Account - Similar Threads - Update Account

2. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  3. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  4. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop?: If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-close-my-microsoft-account-will-my-automatic/841cb1a7-5bad-41f9-a22d-8f9691f23f98
  6. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  7. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  8. My Microsoft account has been deleted, and now I can't update my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been deleted, and now I can't update my Windows: Hi,I had a Microsoft account from my university from where I have graduated since. It turns out that my university has deleted my Microsoft account and now I can't access my computer with my regular password. I can log in with a different password though. My problem is, I...
  9. My Microsoft account has been deleted, and now I can't update my Windows

My Microsoft account has been deleted, and now I can't update my Windows: Hi,I had a Microsoft account from my university from where I have graduated since. It turns out that my university has deleted my Microsoft account and now I can't access my computer with my regular password. I can log in with a different password though. My problem is, I...
  10. I just updated to windows 11 from windows 10 and I deleted one of the local account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated to windows 11 from windows 10 and I deleted one of the local account...: I just updated to windows 11 from windows 10 and I deleted one of the local account administrator names and then restarted the laptop. It is now asking me for a password at start up. What should I do?...