Windows 10: Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked

Discus and support Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,For some reason every time I change my active hours, and save it, after a few minutes the time resets to what it was previously.e.g.I change active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jon_EK, May 12, 2021.

1. Jon_EK Win User

Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked

Hi,For some reason every time I change my active hours, and save it, after a few minutes the time resets to what it was previously.e.g.I change active hours to 10.00 to 3.00 15 hrs and save them, but then it later resets back to 15.00 to 9.00 18 Hrs! Sometimes it even changes to another random time slot, like 10.00 to 16.00. Whats happening here, I have the auto adjust box turned off! can you not have active hours go past midnight? This is really bad because I often need to work in the early morning, and don't want my PC to start trying to do an update and lag out evert

:)

Jon_EK, May 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 keeps rescheduling updates

Hello Kathryn,

I apologize for the delay in response.

The build version of the computer can be checked by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows + R keys, type winver and press
      Enter.
    • In the Window that appears, the Windows version and the build version will be displayed in the second line.

If the Windows Version is 1607, then the system is updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update. In this version of Windows, you can adjust Active Hours. This is the time period set for the system not to restart after the update is downloaded/installed.
    To enable Active hours, follow the steps provided below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Update & Security.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Windows Update.
    • In the right pane, click on Change Active Hours.
    • Set the start and end time for Active Hours and click on Save.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2021
  3. Blackink Win User
    Windows 10 checked for updates during active hours...

I have my Change Active Hours set from 8am to 11pm and the "Automatically adjust active hours for this device based on activity" is off.

Why would Windows check for updates at 10:25am today?!?
    You're up to date.
    Last Checked: Today, 10:25am

Should I turn that Automatically adjust active hours switch back on??

Using Windows version 1909

Blackink, May 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked

Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked

1. Windows 10 update active hours keeps changing itself, even though auto adjust is not ticked - Similar Threads - update active hours

2. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  3. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.: Above is the active hours I place my system to have.Today I woke up to finding out the active hours was changed from 10:00 AM to 1 AM and just last night, it was also a different time as well.I have the adjustment switch off yet windows update keeps changing it every time I...
  4. Windows keeps adjusting my active hours despite it being disabled.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto update even though I have disabled it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto update even though I have disabled it: Hi, today my Windows 10 Pro auto-installed the following update: KB4592449. This never happened before, because I have set (Group Policy) Windows updates to "2 - notify for download and auto install". So far I've always decided when to download and install Windows updates....
  6. The brightness keeps auto adjusting even though I dont have a light sensor, Tried all the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The brightness keeps auto adjusting even though I dont have a light sensor, Tried all the...: Hi, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 510s. I have been recently struggling with the brightness issue, where it automatically changes. I dont have adaptive brightness option in the brightness section, hence i believe I dont have a light sensor. I had seen many people saying it...
  7. Windows 10 Microphone Keeps Auto Adjusting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Microphone Keeps Auto Adjusting: So I have been trying to find a fix for this for a while. When I talk with my normal voice, my microphone automatically lowers my volume. I tried to speak with a lower voice while I watched the microphone volume bar and it directly increased. Every fix on the internet says...
  8. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated: Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark. In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I acquired my licence code through the cmd window, clicked "change product code" and typed it in. This fixed the issue for a little...
  9. How to automatically adjust Active Hours in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically adjust Active Hours in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 has introduced a lot of features around Windows 10 Updates. One such feature is to adjust Active Hours based on your computer activity automatically. This can be useful as it tells the OS when to install Windows [...] This post How to...
  10. Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft. Starting...