Windows 10: Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues

Discus and support Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the Release Preview and Beta Channels, Microsoft has started testing a new cumulative update that will address multiple memory leak problems in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 21, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues

In the Release Preview and Beta Channels, Microsoft has started testing a new cumulative update that will address multiple memory leak problems in Windows 10. In addition to performance improvements, Microsoft is also fixing an issue that prevented users from accessing Your Phone app-based Android apps.

In any operating system, apps occupy a block of RAM to manage their processes, features, etc. Those apps typically release their block of memory when it’s no longer needed. In some cases, a memory leak could take place and only a portion of the occupied memory will be released.

Windows 10 users recently discovered a bug where the ctfmon.exe process won’t release the block of RAM occupied for its apps. The ctfmon.exe process is typically used in apps with “Alternative User Input” and it is required to control certain apps using via pen, speech or keyboard inputs.

Build 19043.1023, a new update available for testing in the preview channels addresses the memory leak bug in ctfmon.exe. The memory leak was observed when users refreshed an app that has an editable box. Another memory leak bug associated with “PKU2U” (a security feature) has been addressed.

Last month, Microsoft also addressed high CPU usage in Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, May 2020 Update, and May 2021 Update.

Microsoft’s Your Phone app issues fixed

The latest preview cumulative update also includes fixes for the Your Phone app, which is a Microsoft’s app that aims to bridge the gap between Windows and Android world.

The Your Phone app was updated with support for “phone apps” last year. This feature offers a way to seamlessly run Android apps on your desktop and make them behave like Windows apps.

Android apps streaming on Windows have their own window, Start Menu, notification center integration, and taskbar entry. Microsoft even lets you pin apps on the taskbar, but there’s a catch – some users observed that it’s no longer possible to launch apps pinned to the taskbar when they installed Windows updates.

In the latest update, Microsoft addressed an issue that prevented some folks from opening apps that are pinned to the taskbar. This issue was experienced after users upgraded to the most recent version of Windows 10.

Another related bug has been fixed where the Progressive Web App (PWA) icons appear as blank when you pin them to the taskbar.

These fixes will be included in June’s Patch Tuesday release.

The post Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 21, 2021
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 21, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, May 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues

Memory Leak.

Windows 10 is up to date.
    All drivers are updated.

The app currently using the most memory is Firefox (but as I said above, it was Antimaleware service executable before)

I'm not sure of recent changes.

I honestly think its a bug that was accidentally put out, as a lot of people having memory leaks seem to be having different programs causing their own memory leak.

Aaron-Roberts, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues

1. Windows 10 update addresses memory leak bug, Your Phone app issues - Similar Threads - update addresses memory

2. Phone link memory leak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link memory leak?: I constantly see Phone Link app consuming gigs of memory. Just now 12 gigs and seems to be climbing. Seems excessive.Advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-memory-leak/dccd4bfe-2d9d-4b5d-bd3e-cb805f75f4a8
  3. Phone link memory leak?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link memory leak?: I constantly see Phone Link app consuming gigs of memory. Just now 12 gigs and seems to be climbing. Seems excessive.Advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-memory-leak/dccd4bfe-2d9d-4b5d-bd3e-cb805f75f4a8
  4. Issues with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  5. Issues with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  6. Windows 10 - Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Memory Leaks: I'm trying to determine what is causing a memory leak on my Work PC - its an old machine running Win 10 Pro - i7-5930, 64GB ram, Gigabyte X99 motherboard. The issue has only started a few months ago, but can't for the life of me work out what the issue is. I thought it could...
  7. Memory leak issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory leak issue: I see that Desktop Window Manager have a memory leak issue and it's consuming ram higher and higher till my system starts stalling. It had been happening since, 20h2 update and still not resolved.Steps performed :-1 Downloading media creation tool and reinstalling it through...
  8. Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak: Double-click on a file in a directory with lots of images Wait for Photos to open the image Click the Crop tool Crop the image Click "Save" not Save a copy Click the right-arrow to go to the next image Repeat step 3 The app gets slower over time, and memory consumption...
  9. Your Phone App Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App Issues: Hi, I'm finding that my Your Phone app will send a text message successfully but also keeps a duplicate text in the Your Phone app window with "Sending..." that ultimately results in an error saying my message couldn't be sent. One of the two messages successfully sends...
  10. Memory leak issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak issue: https://imgur.com/a/SBn6slE I've had this issue for months now and its starting to get extremely frustrating. I don't understand why my RAM usage is over 90% when all I'm doing is surfing the web on chrome. Aswell as this, I don't get why its saying Chrome(14). I'd assume...