Windows 10: windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed

Discus and support windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't update Windows 10 after motherboard has been changed, stuck with 1607 build. Any ideas how can i upgrade?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MihailsBogdanovs1, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:52 AM.

1. windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed

Can't update Windows 10 after motherboard has been changed, stuck with 1607 build. Any ideas how can i upgrade?

:)

MihailsBogdanovs1, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:52 AM
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed

1. windows 10 update after motherboard has been changed - Similar Threads - update motherboard has

2. Windows 10 Activation After A Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation After A Motherboard Change: Hello, I am having issues with re-activating Windows 10 after I changed out my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I have followed all the online guides and advice and seem to be getting no where. I had Windows 7 installed on here and then upgraded to Windows 10 after it came...
  3. Activating Windows 10 after changing motherboard

Activating Windows 10 after changing motherboard: I recently changed my motherboard, and now my PC is telling me I need to reactivate my copy of Windows 10. I tried the code on the side of my old computer case, but that one is for Windows 8, which I upgraded into Windows 10 when it was free. In the Activation section of...
  4. After Motherboard change

After Motherboard change: Hi all, I just upgraded my motherboard and processor and now windows thinks I don't have my key anymore. I never got an email containing the key, where can I find it?...
  5. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change

Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and everything was fine until I see on the screen that tells me I need to activate Windows. I use the troubleshooter but at the end don't help at all. I can't remember where I bought this windows version or where the codes are, as I...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard change

Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard change: I need to reactivate Windows 10 after replacing my motherboard. I choose a link to reactivate after a hardware change and all it tells me is "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later". That's it. I don't know wwhat to do to reactivate it and I don't...
  7. Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced

Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced: I lost my product key to a laptop that the motherboard has also been replaced. where & how can i find my product key and how can i activate my windows 10? I have all the digits of the key except the 5 digits. Please help...
  8. Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in

Windows 10 not activated after Motherboard died and new motherboard has been put in: After only 3 weeks of using my new computer, my motherboard died and i had to replace it, and now my windows 10 pro key is invalid and I have a watermark in the bottom right corner of my screen that doesn't want to go away. I can't seem to solve it by using my Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 reactivation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 reactivation after changing motherboard: I recently changed my motherboard and had no issue with Windows activation upon my first boot up. A day later after the new motherboard was installed, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared on my desktop. However, I know for a fact that I purchased a product key through...
  10. Is it possible to repair a motherboard that has been shorted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to repair a motherboard that has been shorted?: I have a rare motherboard that isn't in production that you can't find anywhere and i was wondering if thought any way possible can i find out what chip shorted and replace it? I have seen a video where a guy used a multi meter to see where the board electricity stopped and...