Windows 10: Windows 10 update and crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 update and crashes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is so many possibilities of what could have happened it's mind blowing. For years running system mechanic, replacing old with new hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jjbad37, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update and crashes

There is so many possibilities of what could have happened it's mind blowing. For years running system mechanic, replacing old with new hardware and deviating updates before thorough research has kept me out of trouble. After a recent update my system has not started the same and separate internal drive disappears and reappears. After disassembling and testing it still has been a flip of the coin to see if the drive appears after boot. This has been parallel to stalling boots and blue screen restarts. Now restore before past updates has solved the issue. I am no longer confident in my ability to diagnose. Any help or suggestions are welcome for a fix to prevent spending to rebuild.

submitted by /u/jjbad37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jjbad37, Dec 14, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 update and crashes

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update and crashes

1. Windows 10 update and crashes - Similar Threads - update crashes

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...
  4. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  5. 3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update

3D Display Mode crashes HDMI output after windows 11 update: Hi,After iwindows was updated to windows 11, while i was configuring some display settings i accidentally switched on the the 3D Display mode and HDMI output of my Huawei laptop started not working. After plugging out the HDMI cable and trying to fix the problem i couldn’t...
  6. 024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...: I am usually prompt about updating my Thinkpad when Microsoft issues a upgrade - a new upgrade 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 - was kind of.... installed and the laptop just went south....my machine has been working...
  7. 024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...

024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64- Systems - crashes the machine...: I am usually prompt about updating my Thinkpad when Microsoft issues a upgrade - a new upgrade 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 - was kind of.... installed and the laptop just went south....my machine has been working...
  8. Laptop crashes when updating driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop crashes when updating driver: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  9. Laptop crashes when updating driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when updating driver: My laptop crashes blue screen when installing latest gpu drivers gtx 1650 from nvidia website. It also crashes blue screen after updating to windows 11 a minute or two after boot so I have to revert it back to windows 10. Sometimes when gaming games like overwatch 2 and apex...
  10. Laptop crashes when updating driver