Windows 10: Windows 10 update and drive space

Discus and support Windows 10 update and drive space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 on my small laptop with only a 32GB SSD. I managed to free up about 8.5GB as required, and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mel Neff, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Mel Neff Win User

Windows 10 update and drive space

I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 on my small laptop with only a 32GB SSD. I managed to free up about 8.5GB as required, and am using a USB drive for the needed additional 11GB. The update failed for some reason (as it often does). Before trying again, I ran disk cleanup immediately after a restart, but now it only has 6.8GB free. I have not added anything to the system. What happened to the 1.7GB since the update attempt, and how can I get it back?

:)

Mel Neff, Dec 4, 2019

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
  4. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update and drive space - Similar Threads - update drive space

2. Windows update Space fix and primary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Space fix and primary drive: I can't update my computer because do to low space how do i make my other hard drive as primary drive in the system windows 10 Is there a way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-space-fix-and-primary-drive/c79b3499-0404-4c80-8200-38d4d249366e
  3. C Drive loosing space after windows 10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive loosing space after windows 10 2004 Update: I have recently updated to windows 10 2004 Enterprise. I have noticed that my drive keeps loosing space even when I have not copied any new files to the drive or install any updates or new software. I have looked into the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS, there is only 1 file that is 2MB...
  4. NO SPACE ON DRIVE C UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10

NO SPACE ON DRIVE C UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10: Cant perform updates to windows 10, I have 32G on drive C almost full and cant create 8GB but I have an SD with 20GB free but the upgrade window is not giving me the option to install the updates on the SD...
  5. drive c no space to update windows.

drive c no space to update windows.: This happened to me at the beginning of February. They almost got away with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-no-space-to-update-windows/f0972f37-1a74-4d10-9060-bb4d139964dc
  6. No more hard drive space to allow windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No more hard drive space to allow windows 10 updates.: I have laptop with only 32gig of built in SD non upgradable. Windows used just about all and now C: drive has not enough space for critical updates. I added SD has D drive but no help. Freed as much as passable for a new PC. Was told when my son purchased it was enough space....
  7. Trouble with updating Windows 10 due to drive size/space restrictions

Trouble with updating Windows 10 due to drive size/space restrictions: I have not been able to update Windows 10 for quite some time. The update requires more space than is available on the drive. I purchased a 3TB external drive, but the update software doesn't allow me to use that space for the update. The update software tells me that I can...
  8. No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update

No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook model E 203N, 2GB RAM and 32GB flash memory. After carrying out the latest Windows 10 version 1803 updates and some other crucial sercurity updates, the C drive is completely full! I have removed pretty much all the programs that the notebook had...
  9. Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update: i got a massive space filled up 5GB and i deleted the windows update folder via disk cleaner. but the space still shows 175 instead of 180+ help! please and when i searched the disk cleaner again. the windows.update is no longer there. but the space should have been...
  10. Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space on hard drive for Windows Update: Hi, I bought a laptop with a really small hard disk (32GB). A Windows 10 update appeared and it says it requires 8GB of free space. I only have 7GB free because the Windows folder occupies more than 20GB. Is there a way to clean the Windows folder or anything else I can do...