Windows 10: Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not a savvy computer person. However, my basics are above average. I can't understand why I need to invest so much time (unsuccessfully) in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsisMc, Jul 7, 2018.

1. IsisMc Win User

Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop

I'm not a savvy computer person. However, my basics are above average. I can't understand why I need to invest so much time (unsuccessfully) in bringing my laptop to function. After the recent update, my computer got messed up. It even deleted tons of stuff I have in it. I was not able to download an Internet browser of my choice and almost every program was troubled. Including McAfee antivirus. Never had this situation before. Then, I did a fresh install. Computer still is not usable but on top, the screen flickers non stop. I went to display configuration and found the slider to adjust the brightness swings back and forth. I set it to max, rebooted and the system still acts badly. I did not explore if any further problems can be found. Aside of desiring not having to pay for service to fix the problems, I'm very unsatisfied with having to go through this frustration and not being able to use my computer when needed. I assume Microsoft is the king of OS and making his users go through this (I discovered we are large amounts of us in the same place) is not a sensible situation. Is Microsoft decaying? Or pointing out to resource to other OS? I payed good money for a good computer and the machine worked perfectly fine before this update. Or is it that the recent upgrades simply are not fully tested before release? I'm experiencing similar problems with another laptop and Windows 7. Be aware that many of us use the computer for work related chores.

Please, respond with a doable, sensible and functional solution. Meaning, help us without having to go to IT school to fix problems that should never exist!

Thank you for you help.

if system information is needed, pls let me know and I'll post it when requested.

:)

IsisMc, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 7, 2018
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Jul 7, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop - Similar Threads - update fresh install

2. Windows 10 Updated messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated messed up.: Yesterday I had to update my pc, when I logged back in it said "We can't sign into your account" so it sent me to a temporarily profile. I couldn't find a solution then I kinda messed things up and I just made the temporarily account an administrator. This account uses my...
  3. Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.

Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.: Hi. There have not been windows updates for a while which is great because they always spell trouble, over two hours of trouble. The last update was Feb. 28, 2021. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. The last update took me four hours to fix. I had a account...
  4. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  5. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  6. 2004 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  7. Windows Update - messed up laptop

Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  8. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...
  9. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649
  10. Windows 10 March updated messed up my installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 March updated messed up my installation.: Hello forum. I am literally begging you for help. Today I came home to my computer displaying a warning in message center stating my drive had errors which I had to scan. I clicked it and Windows did absolutely nothing. So I performed the scan myself. First time, I got...