Windows 10: Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues

Discus and support Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2019 Update has fewer issues than the dramatic October 2018 Update release, but that doesn’t mean it is completely unbroken. In fact,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 16, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues

Windows 10 May 2019 Update has fewer issues than the dramatic October 2018 Update release, but that doesn’t mean it is completely unbroken. In fact, Microsoft blocked Windows 10 May 2019 Update on Surface Book 2 for more than two months due to dGPU compatibility issues.

Windows 10 KB4517389, which is an important update to address security issues and printing bug, turns out to be causing more problems for some users.

Microsoft has already confirmed that the October 2019 Patch Tuesday update breaks down both Start menu and classic Edge browser, but it appears that there is a compatibility problem that causes display issues.

According to posts on Microsoft’s community forum, Reddit and Twitter, bug reportedly affects machines using Intel DCH display driver version 26.20.100.7157, as there are compatibility issues still to be ironed out.

If you install Windows 10 KB4517389 (Build 18362.418) on a PC that has Intel display driver version 26.20.100.7157 or possibly other versions, basic features like Start menu, Windows Search or Google Chrome will render incorrectly.

Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues Windows-10-display-issues.jpg

Thankfully, you can roll back to a previous version of the driver or update it to a newer version altogether to resolve the compatibility error.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Intel graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters.
    • Double-click the problematic driver.
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver button.
    • Click Yes to begin the roll-back process.
    • Reboot the system.

At the time of writing this story, more than 60 users have confirmed display issues on Microsoft’s community forum. Users have documented the following bugs:

• Windows Search and Internet Explorer with ‘X’ across dialog and links
    • Triangled images in Microsoft Word.
    • Chrome rendering a black screen.

“Confirmed here as well. The driver rollback works until the machine updates and breaks again. This usually takes a couple days. Now we are trying to find a way to stop the machines from updating as anyone with this model can no longer function,” a user stated.

Microsoft is yet to acknowledge display issues on Windows 10 and we don’t know if the bug is widespread.

The post Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 16, 2019

2. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Problem with intel and Geforce Display driver

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:
    • Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • What is the make and model of the pc?
    I would like to inform you that, you need to login to the PC using the Microsoft Account, to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Then refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if the issue still persists.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

This issue could occur due to corrupted or incompatible display adaptor device driver or graphic card driver on your system.

Please follow these methods below, and check, if it helps.

Method 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand Intel and Geforce Display driver in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the Intel and Geforce Display driver and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

e. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver from the manufacturer’s website and reinstall it.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

This issue occurs due to the outdated Intel and Geforce Display drivers may not be compatible.

The Intel and Geforce Display drivers could be compatible with the previous version of Windows, rather than Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display drivers and reinstall the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Intel and Geforce Display drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10” by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us with more information, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues

Display issues with Intel NUC6i5SYH and MST hub

I had a similar issue with my Surface Pro 3, when connected to a docking station, using the same StarTech MiniDP splitter. What eventually fixed my issue was this:

1. Download video drivers from Intel
    2. Manually install the drivers (not using the .exe installer, but going through Device manager and using the option to Update Driver > install drivers manually > let me pick from a list... > Have Disk... > then point to the folder with the downloaded/unzipped drivers)
    3. Use the Intel Graphics Control Panel > Display > Multiple Displays to identify and configure the display arrangement.

Known issues:

• Windows 10 updated itself at some point and "updated" my working Intel video driver with one that no longer worked. I had to repeat the process to get my setup working again.
    • Sometimes, when docking and undocking my device (disconnecting and reconnecting the displays) I still have to repeat step 3 above to make the displays recognize.

Wes Larson, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues

1. Windows 10 update and Intel driver glitch causes display issues - Similar Threads - update Intel driver

2. Windows Update problem with Intel display driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update problem with Intel display driver: That’s the current version 31.0.101.2115 I have no problems with the latest update I had to go to Intel’s website to install the latest version.. I don’t know what Microsoft is doing but I hope they get it fixed soon. I had to disabled Background Intelligence Transfer Service...
  3. Windows Update problem with Intel display driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update problem with Intel display driver: That’s the current version 31.0.101.2115 I have no problems with the latest update I had to go to Intel’s website to install the latest version.. I don’t know what Microsoft is doing but I hope they get it fixed soon. I had to disabled Background Intelligence Transfer Service...
  4. Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver: Hello,For the past several months, I've had constant BSoDs caused whenever my Intel Graphics Driver is activated, I get different error messages everytime but the ones I can remember are VIDEO_TDR_MEMORY_FAILURE, dxgkrnl.sys, DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR might not be exactly...
  5. Intel drivers causing windows to bsod

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel drivers causing windows to bsod: I was using msautoruns to get rid of useless startup programs, when i found three startup files from intel. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprisedriver Intel Rapid Storage Technology EnterpriseFilter driver Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch Driver why are these so...
  6. Intel display drivers

Intel display drivers: Using Windows 10 Home version 6004 on Lenovo C340 – Ideapad with Display Adapters – IntelR UHD Graphics 620 and driver version 15.40.45.5126 at start in November, 2019. Since 1st July auto updating has been unsuccessfully trying to install driver version 26.20.100.7323 with...
  7. Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated: Intel, Nvidia and AMD have published their September 2020 display drivers for Windows 10. If you’ve Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, you should be able to update your display drivers and grab the fixes or support for new games. Intel’s “unlocked” display driver for Windows...
  8. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  9. Lenovo T450s Intel Display Driver Issue

Lenovo T450s Intel Display Driver Issue: My display driver "Intel HD Graphics 5500" has basically stopped working. It is an integrated graphics card. When it is enabled, it makes the screen go crazy (hard to describe), and it is usable but just barely. I can disable the driver (now using Microsoft Basic Display...
  10. Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Display Driver Causes Unadjustable Dim Screen: With my Vaio laptop, Windows 10 updated and the Intel HD graphics family adapter (dated 11/18/2015) causes the screen to go unadjustably dim. Rolling back the driver used to fix it, but it will now not let me roll back the driver. Can you help me? I can barely see the screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel graphics driver issue windows 10 glitch

2. driver hd graphics 5500 screen glitching

3. intel iris plus graphics glitches

4. intel graphics bootcamp glitches drivers,
  5. hd 5500 driveer screen glitching,
  6. intel graphics driver glitches,
  7. windows 10 pro graphics glitches,
  8. windows display glitch,
  9. surface pro 7 intel graphics control panel