Windows 10: Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere

Discus and support Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated my PC windows and now when I try to log into my computer it tells me that the device is offline and use the last password used on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlisonFerver, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere

I recently updated my PC windows and now when I try to log into my computer it tells me that the device is offline and use the last password used on this device. I have tried resetting the password on the log in screen and online through microsoft. My password works on browsers but not my computer.
    It does not accept my password in any safe mode. When I try to open command prompt or use troubleshooting, restore, it asks for my password and tells me it is the incorrect password. I have tried using the on screen keyboard and it still did not work.
    I do not want to reinstall my OS because I have a lot of programs and files hat i ahve not backed up and need. Please help if you can.

:)

AlisonFerver, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere

Windows 10 is locked in safe mode and will not accept password

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, Warren.

Since you're stuck on the log in page, we recommend that you perform the suggested steps provided by

Yashwanth Kotakuri, dated on 28 of November 2015, on this
    thread. The steps provided will help you to log in again.

Once you're able to successfully log in, perform the steps that we provided in our first reply.

Kindly update us with the result.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere

1. Windows 10 update and not accepting password anywhere - Similar Threads - update accepting password

2. Windows 10 not accepting my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting my password: I have Windows 10 and it is not accepting my password. It says incorrect no matter I check, it is the same password as before. I even right it down and tried it multiple times but still no go. I want to sign in to PC. Please help me no matter what....
  3. Windows 10 not accepting PIN or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not accepting PIN or Password: HiWindows 10 at sign in screen on PC does not recognise PIN or Password for any Family accounts. I have rebooted several times - No changeI have updated password at Microsoft.com - No changeI tried the Troubleshooter Menu to restart in Safe Mode but it reverted to Login...
  4. Windows 10 Not Accepting Password/Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Not Accepting Password/Pin: I recently bought a new video card, I switched from AMD to Nvidia. After I uninstalled my old drivers, I rebooted, and now Windows 10 is no longer accepting my pin I'm 100% putting it in correctly. My computer is connected to my Microsoft account, so I tried my Microsoft...
  5. Windows 10 not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not accepting password: windows 10 not accepting password and also for my outlook recovery. Can somebody help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-accepting-password/53e5d645-1704-4f51-bcfc-6a57a606aafe
  6. Windows 10 not accepting password

Windows 10 not accepting password: I recently replaced my hard drive and had all my recovered data transferred to that hard drive. Now when my computer asks me to login with my microsoft account it says password invalid. I made sure i’m connected to wifi and double checked my password was correct by logging in...
  7. Windows 10 not accepting password

Windows 10 not accepting password: Hi, i updated my windows 10 pc because it told me that it will end the support soon. After i updated it, my screen flickers after loging in. Researching suggests that an app is causing the problem since task manager doesn't flicker along with the screen. I tried to enter safe...
  8. Windows not accepting password

Windows not accepting password: My computer is in safe mode and says my password is wrong, i've tried my pin and Microsoft password. won't accept either went to command prompt to type in message as suggested, ask for password to sign in there got message that password is incorrect there too tryed...
  9. Windows 10 - Not accepting password

Windows 10 - Not accepting password: After switch off last night, turning on windows pc this morning everything was fine until I type in my password. Its the right password for the right account. Then met with "The user name or password is incorrect". Tried the second account on the laptop, exactly the same...…....
  10. Windows 10 is not accepting the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 is not accepting the password: Hi, There are two user accounts in Windows 10 Desktop Computer. Both are Microsoft outlook accounts. One is administrator and another is user. I can log in user account, abcd@outlook.com and I can browse Internet as well. But I am not able to log in administrator...