Windows 10: Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive

Discus and support Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve just recently completed the latest windows 10 update on my laptop and when it came back on I had to log in with my password instead of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeStott, Nov 19, 2018.

1. JakeStott Win User

Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive

Hi,

I’ve just recently completed the latest windows 10 update on my laptop and when it came back on I had to log in with my password instead of my pin which isn’t normal. When it logged in, it came up with a black screen, no shortcuts etc, I didn’t and couldn’t connect to the internet and the start menu didn’t work. I also got an error message (below).

Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive [​IMG]

I’ve tried starting in clean mode with all non-windows services stopped, start-up programs disabled etc and the same thing happens. I can load task manager via ctl+shift+esc and win+r also works to load up run, command prompt will open from the run command also. Nothing else seems to work.

Can anyone help me resolve the issue please? I’m a uni student and my work is saved on my user account.

Kind regards,

Jake

:)

JakeStott, Nov 19, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Nov 19, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive

1. Windows 10 update and now "Location is not available" for my system profile in the C: drive - Similar Threads - update Location available

2. "Location is not available" D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Location is not available" D:\ drive: So once in a while my D:\ drive seemingly disappears from File Explorer and when I click on "Downloads" on quick access my downloads are located in the D:\ drive it gives me an error code "D:\Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or...
  3. "Location is not available" D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Location is not available" D:\ drive: So once in a while my D:\ drive seemingly disappears from File Explorer and when I click on "Downloads" on quick access my downloads are located in the D:\ drive it gives me an error code "D:\Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or...
  4. Drive E:\ Location is not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive E:\ Location is not available: My whole documents folder has been rendered inaccessible. I was trying to move some folders from my phone to my laptop when my phone got disconnected halfway through the transfer. After I phone is securely reconnected, I get this error when trying to access documents. I'm not...
  5. Drive E:\ Location is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive E:\ Location is not available: My whole documents folder has been rendered inaccessible. I was trying to move some folders from my phone to my laptop when my phone got disconnected halfway through the transfer. After I phone is securely reconnected, I get this error when trying to access documents. I'm not...
  6. Location not available C drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available C drive.: I dont know if anyone is there but am in an emergency. Yesterday my Laptop shut down on it own and when it restarted, it had changed and gone back to its original settings. I was working on a project but was able to recover the files which seemed to be on another User...
  7. Location not available C drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location not available C drive.: I dont know if anyone is there but am in an emergency. Yesterday my Laptop shut down on it own and when it restarted, it had changed and gone back to its original settings. I was working on a project but was able to recover the files which seemed to be on another User...
  8. Location not available C drive.

9. Location is not available - can not access C drive

Location is not available - can not access C drive: Today I was confronted by a error message when I tried to save a file in my Documents folder on the laptop hard drive, C drive. It states: Location is not available X C:\Users\XXXXX\OneDrive\Documents is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or...
  10. System: Location is not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    System: Location is not available: My PC system has been crash, Desktop is unavailable. How can I solve this problem. Please help me out. Thanks[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-location-is-not-available/4b8e7987-59a3-47d9-bc3c-89631e38c1a7