Windows 10: windows 10 update and shutdown

Discus and support windows 10 update and shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since version 2004 when the pc recives the updates the option update and shutdown stopped working ... i click there but it end the session install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hugo Luiten, Mar 4, 2021.

1. windows 10 update and shutdown

Since version 2004 when the pc recives the updates the option update and shutdown stopped working ...
    i click there but it end the session install the update till 30% and then restarts instead of shutdown.

So the pc will turn on again and continue configure till 100% and then i can shutdown, but its strange because i choose update and shutdown.
    This also happend whi my lapton also in 20h2 so seems a general issue.

my laptop is a hp dv7-6150sp

when this will be fixed?

:)

Hugo Luiten, Mar 4, 2021

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

windows 10 update and shutdown

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 update and shutdown

1. windows 10 update and shutdown - Similar Threads - update shutdown

2. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates: Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs. I have already tried everything from here, nothing helps. Attaching screenshot of latest driver updates: [ATTACH] I can't rollback this updates because I can't find what...
  3. Windows Update restart vs. shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update restart vs. shutdown: Every week or so, Microsoft wants me to update my Surface book 3 with the latest windows update. Fine, i get that. What i do not understand is it can somehow only install on a restart. When i click start , power, it shows 'update and restart', but not update and shutdown...
  4. Graphics and audio glitches after windows update forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics and audio glitches after windows update forced shutdown: February 16, 2021 There was an update for my windows I waited for almost an hour and it got stuck on the windows update screen. I then decided to forced shutdown the computer. after a day I opened the PC again and booted up Valorant to my surprise there was a static coming...
  5. Windows shutdown during updates

Windows shutdown during updates: Hi, i was updating to the latest version of windows 10. Download went well then it said restart your pc, after doing that its shows "windows updating do not turn off your pc" it went well but now at 87% pc gets shutdown automatically. When i start pc again, it shows same...
  6. i cant use the shutdown restart button any more since update

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant use the shutdown restart button any more since update: shut down does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-the-shutdown-restart-button-any-more/3e3bbb89-d4b3-49d2-8493-e0975d352026
  7. Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?: (Yet another) windows update query. I don't mind it restarting after an update, completely understand the need to keep it updated, but I'm wondering if there's any way to configure windows update to auto restart to apply the updates, then shutdown the machine completely...
  8. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  9. I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken: (New account. Only made for this problem) I was about to turn off my laptop, when I noticed that clicking "Shut Down" never went to the blue screen with the "Shutting Down" line, it only made my laptop sleep, so I decided to choose "Update and Shutdown" while on the log-in...
  10. Why does Window 10 insists on restarting when you select Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Window 10 insists on restarting when you select Update and Shutdown: Why does Window 10 insist on restarting when you select Update and SHUTDOWN!? I have a Dell Latitude 5490 with Windows 10 version 20H2. Restart has not worked for a while tried resetting power & sleep settings, system file checker, etc. and still did not fix issue. Windows...