Windows 10: Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have

Discus and support Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, last night I installed an update after previously purring off on windoes updates fir a few months. Howver after the reser this morning i was met... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M.Wu, Mar 5, 2019.

1. M.Wu Win User

Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have

hello, last night I installed an update after previously purring off on windoes updates fir a few months. Howver after the reser this morning i was met with a screen in which it asks for a username and password. Prior to installing this update login would only require my password with the account username already provided. Things i have tried include:

logging in with my microsoft account (states password is incorrect despite logging in several tries and even a password reser)

logging in with old username(user profile name) and password

Since these did not work i contacted my frirnd whom had given me this conputer and set it up. I tried the above fixes with his information as well with no results.

I do not wish to format this computer and i do not have a windows disk with me.

I did not want to update, but windoes was consistently bothering me to so i finally relented. Now by updating i am locked out my computer with all my sensitive information. Please help!

:)

M.Wu, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have :(

Zakin, Mar 5, 2019
  4. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have - Similar Threads - update asking account

2. My Windows Surface Go is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key, which I do not have because I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Surface Go is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key, which I do not have because I...: I had the Windows Surface Go in a drawer for six months and now need to repurpose it for another user. When I turned it on to begin the reformatting process, I'm taken to a screen asking me to enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key; this is frustrating because I never enabled...
  3. My Windows Surface Go is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key, which I do not have because I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Surface Go is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key, which I do not have because I...: I had the Windows Surface Go in a drawer for six months and now need to repurpose it for another user. When I turned it on to begin the reformatting process, I'm taken to a screen asking me to enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key; this is frustrating because I never enabled...
  4. My Windows Surface Go is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key, which I do not have because I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Update 1903 does not install. Asking to uninstall AVG which I do not have in my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1903 does not install. Asking to uninstall AVG which I do not have in my...: I downloaded Windows 10 Update 1903 but it does not install. It stops at 35% and asks to uninstall the AVG antivirus software which I do not even have in my computer. I ran the Update troubleshooter a couple of times with no success. Advice will be greatly...
  6. New accounts on Win 10 have shortcut to program on desktop which asks for msi installer

in Windows 10 Customization
    New accounts on Win 10 have shortcut to program on desktop which asks for msi installer: When I create a new account <Domain><User>on Win 10 I find I have a shortcut to a program <Program Name> on the desktop and an entry in the Programs menu , but when I click either of these Windows prompts me for the location of an installer, which it cannot find. The program...
  7. Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.: I keep getting emails asking me to update details for a Virginmedia account that has been closed for 2 years and there are no details of this account on my computers. I have lost track of the number of times I have contacted Microsoft without getting a sensible reply.Somebody...
  8. Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to sign in to Microsoft account but asking for phone details which I do not want: My account got locked because apparently my account got hacked and it was sending out spam. https://imgoat.com/uploads/7e6c85504c/172966.png I DO NOT want to link my Microsoft account to my PERSONAL phone number. This is my privacy. What can be done to activate my...
  9. which account is considered local account? do not have a password, or forgot

in Windows 10 Customization
    which account is considered local account? do not have a password, or forgot: Is my windows password works for my local account? I have been using a pin, do not remember password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-account-is-considered-local-account-do-not/388cf0d2-46fe-4c0a-b98f-cab853107ea8
  10. new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for.: To whomever, Ok, my computer updated to a "new windows 10", without asking me, and now nothing works, and the solution is that I should have known, and should do all that work, of which I don't understand because I don't work with them, and YOU PEOPLE FEEL...