Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm getting the above notification frequently on my PC. It's really annoying me. Windows 10 Update assistant runs perfectly when I run it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andy, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Andy Win User

Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows

Hi all,

I'm getting the above notification frequently on my PC. It's really annoying me. Windows 10 Update assistant runs perfectly when I run it from the Start menu, so what on earth is this error all about?

I've tried re-installing the Assistant and everything else Microsoft recommend but no difference. I'm running build 18346. The error has survived the last few updates.

Any help anybody could give me to get rid of this annoying message would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

:)

Andy, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows - Similar Threads - Update Assistant Cannot

2. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant: I am currently on version 1909. Thus to be in service again, I downloaded update assistant to get to a supported version 21H1. But for some reason, I cannot update. As far as I know, the update assistant does its job perfectly,This is the error"windows setup cannot be...
  3. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant: I am currently on version 1909. Thus to be in service again, I downloaded update assistant to get to a supported version 21H1. But for some reason, I cannot update. As far as I know, the update assistant does its job perfectly,This is the error"windows setup cannot be...
  4. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant

This app can't run on this device Windows 10 Update Assistant: [ATTACH] I get this appearing on screen after boot up. Then it will randomly appear while the PC is running. If I walk away I can come back and see 45+ windows with this error message have appeared and I need to close them. It is affecting my PC performance and...
  6. Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Update Assistant upgrades the operating system by making sure they have the […] This article Fix Windows 10 Update Assistant is already running error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Cannot update Windows With Update Assistant

Cannot update Windows With Update Assistant: i tried to update my windows build to latest with Update Assistant but after it completes to 100% and ask to restart after restarting it doesnt upgrade to latest build it remains on older version...
  8. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ASSISTANT

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ASSISTANT: I recently installed subject item and can no longer access many of the following programs i.e. Office Word 2019, My Heritage (Family Tree Maker, ITUNES, and many other issues since installation. Is there anyway I can recover these programs, also revert back to when I had no...
  9. Windows 10 update assistant is running.

Windows 10 update assistant is running.: In my windows 10 laptop i unable to stop Windows 10 update assistant from running. I've already uninstalled window 10 update assistant app from control panel about three time and also deleted windows 10 upgrade assistant folder from my c drive. But every time i wake up my...
  10. Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update Assistant Cannot Run On Windows: Hi all, I'm getting the above notification frequently on my PC. It's really annoying me. Windows 10 Update assistant runs perfectly when I run it from the Start menu, so what on earth is this error all about? I've tried re-installing the Assistant and everything else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windpws 10 update assistant cant run on windows message keep popping